5 inch exhaust tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Yes, single in, dual out 2.5" on the factory set up.

Actually that's not accurate. Stock is 3" in and dual 2.25" out. If you get a 2.5" tip your gona have 1/4" gap. Aftermarket catbacks increase rear tail pipe size to 2.5" which makes your life alittle easier but still nothing off the self to go from 2.25" to 5".

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Here's mine. Dynomax ultra SS catback and 5" dual walled slanted SS tips, I fabbed to fit. Hard to see but the single wall and rolled edge don't have enough body and can't be seen from all
Angles, they tend to disappear into the cutout compared to a double wall.

Attachments

• IMG_5422.jpg
    IMG_5422.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 123

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^whered you get those tips? Looks awesome!

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Ebay. $50 for the pair. They are 304 SS 4" inlet and 5" outlet. I used 2.5" to 4" adapters and tacked it on with 308 welding wire. Slipped it over my catback and used SS band clamps for a leak free seal. Less than $100 in them.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's mine. Dynomax ultra SS catback and 5" dual walled slanted SS tips, I fabbed to fit. Hard to see but the single wall and rolled edge don't have enough body and can't be seen from all
Angles, they tend to disappear into the cutout compared to a double wall.

Truck looks awesome. I like your knife edge tops too....would still need to paint them black. Lol

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Disregard, wasn't what I thought it was...

Last edited:

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Actually that's not accurate. Stock is 3" in and dual 2.25" out. If you get a 2.5" tip your gona have 1/4" gap. Aftermarket catbacks increase rear tail pipe size to 2.5" which makes your life alittle easier but still nothing off the self to go from 2.25" to 5".

So, looking for tips I need to look for a 2.25" out in order for them to fit without any welding or tacking?

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do tips really make a big change to your exhaust sound? I see people here saying it does but then on other forums people say it doesnt. So what's the truth on a Hemi?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do tips really make a big change to your exhaust sound? I see people here saying it does but then on other forums people say it doesnt. So what's the truth on a Hemi?

For me...definitely did. I was very skeptical when I heard people say it did, but now I know it does.

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me...definitely did. I was very skeptical when I heard people say it did, but now I know it does.
I was looking at getting 6inch tips as they would still fit in the bumper cutout, but is there a big difference between a 5 and a 6inch?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
So, looking for tips I need to look for a 2.25" out in order for them to fit without any welding or tacking?

They will still require welding because the stock tips have a ball/socket flange that connects them to the tailpipes. Its not just a straight piece of 2.25" pipe that the tip clamps onto.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They will still require welding because the stock tips have a ball/socket flange that connects them to the tailpipes. Its not just a straight piece of 2.25" pipe that the tip clamps onto.

Would clamps and liquid metal work? I don't want to go to a muffler shop just to have tips tacked on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could just cut off the flange on your oem exhaust.
That would leave you with a straight 2.25" pipe to clamp whatever you like onto it. ;)

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You could just cut off the flange on your oem exhaust.

That would leave you with a straight 2.25" pipe to clamp whatever you like onto it. ;)

I like that idea. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Installed the Carven 5" exhaust tips last night. I could not be happier with the outcome.

I'm not an exhaust expert....at all. I've rarely done ANY work on my vehicles in years past...trying to change that. I installed the Carven Progressive exhaust myself last night and of course the stock tailpipes were a bit wonky...couldn't get them even if I'd tried...things were just off...but I knew I was going to be installing the Carven tailpipes.

Here is the result...from a pure NON-Professional:

FyVUqCDl.jpg

Due to the fact that the Carven Tips had the ball and socket type flange...worked perfectly....for me. If I'd had welded tips I would have been in trouble..trying to match things up. With the ball and sockety type flange connection I was able to position the tips exactly where I wanted them and tighten it down...took minutes. Nothing to it. Welding them on would have been a nightmare trying to even things up.

Couldn't be happier with the look and sound.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Do you sell these tips in Black?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Do you sell these tips in Black?

We only offer them in polished. I couldnt find a quality coater in our area that would coat these for us for less than $65 a set. I've had numerous customers paint them themselves or get them coated locally for only $20-$30.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque

Essentially yes but the stock tailpipes use a ball flange to attach the tips. You would have to cut that section off and get 2.25" adapters to fit the tips of your choice.

Moes, carven and flowmaster are the only ones who sell bolt on tips to mount to to the stock ball and flange.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I was looking at getting 6inch tips as they would still fit in the bumper cutout, but is there a big difference between a 5 and a 6inch?

Huge difference. Big difference between stock 4" and the aftermarket 5". 5" barely fits with a small gap compared to stock, 6" is the physical size of the bumper cutout. I think davidram tried 6" tips and they physically just fill the entire hole with no gap so from the back of the truck it doesn't really look like a tip anymore.

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Huge difference. Big difference between stock 4" and the aftermarket 5". 5" barely fits with a small gap compared to stock, 6" is the physical size of the bumper cutout. I think davidram tried 6" tips and they physically just fill the entire hole with no gap so from the back of the truck it doesn't really look like a tip anymore.
I saw somewhere if you have the end of your pipes moved down a bit, 6inch tips would fit with space in the cutout, but i may just go with 5s