5th gen dually bed on a 4th gen dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffmoss63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l cummins
I just installed a 2022 bed on my 2017 truck. So far, I have found minor differences between the two. I will have to use my tail light assemblies from the 2017, but that is not a problem. I also will have to use the wiring from the 2017 for the side marker lights. The area of darkness for me right now is the 2022 bed came with no wiring harness in the tailgate at all and no camera. I purchased a new camera, but was really trying to find a salvage truck to get a harness from as the new ones are very expensive. New tailgate has electric actuators that unlatch to open. The wiring for those was still in the truck, but from diagrams, it appears there are two more harnesses inside the tailgate that I need.
Has anyone done this swap already and know what is involved is making the necessary modifications to make the release/lock/camera work correctly? I could always put a new 2017 tailgate on it and just go on with no issue, but would be great to make the 2022 one work.