5Th gen Icon coilovers fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wellsj89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I found a set of Icon coilovers for a 5th gen ram for a good deal on marketplace and was wondering if they would work on my 4th gen. Icon's website says they are 2-3" for a 5th gen. It would be going on an ecodiesel which is a little heavier then a hemi so I was thinking with the added weight it would keep it around 2.8-3" like my 5100s. I have attached the link of the coilovers. https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...ies-19-up-ram-1500-2-3-25-vs-rr-coilover-kit/

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don’t want them, they are absolute hot garbage. Bought a set for my truck last year, they rode like a rock (650lb spring!) and have literally 1/2” of up travel under the weight of the truck. Rode almost as bad as their customer service. I was finally able to get a response from them and got a free replacement set, I sold both sets on marketplace for half price and got my money back at least. Besides that they have a reputation of literally falling apart in 50k miles. Highly recommend you stay far away from icon.

OP
OP
W

wellsj89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
You don’t want them, they are absolute hot garbage. Bought a set for my truck last year, they rode like a rock (650lb spring!) and have literally 1/2” of up travel under the weight of the truck. Rode almost as bad as their customer service. I was finally able to get a response from them and got a free replacement set, I sold both sets on marketplace for half price and got my money back at least. Besides that they have a reputation of literally falling apart in 50k miles. Highly recommend you stay far away from icon.
thanks for the info, i will stay away and keep looking for a set of kings

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the info, i will stay away and keep looking for a set of kings
What are you wanting them for, kings aren’t necessarily the right shock for everyone. Unless your doing a lot of off-roading your probably better off with Fox or Bilstein.