5th gen rear seats in a 4th gen????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warpath5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
One of the things that really bothers me about the 4th gen interior other than the tan headliner is the rear seat that is really only made for two people..the rear center seat is garbage due to the way it goes in and isn't straight all the way across like the 5th gen. Anyone out there know if the 5th gen rear seat will fit in a 4th gen or even a 4th gen mega cab rear seat in a 4th gen crew cab?? Anyone done it??

Thanks!

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

Last edited:

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
One of the things that really bothers me about the 4th gen interior other than the tan headliner is the rear seat that is really only made for two people..the rear center seat is garbage due to the way it goes in and isn't straight all the way across like the 5th gen. Anyone out there know if the 5th gen rear seat will fit in a 4th gen or even a 4th gen mega cab rear seat in a 4th gen crew cab?? Anyone done it??

Thanks!

I couldn’t agree more with ya. I hate the backseat in my C/C. And to find a seat cover that actually fits is a whole other conversation. I hate that seat

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road package

woofie2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 v6
subscribing, as I have the same question.

looking at a 4th gen, my wife wants to put a Baby seat in the middle of the backseat. (got 3 kids, 9, 6 & newborn) I would feel safer with a full seat under the carseat base.

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

woofie2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 v6
3 fit just fine, have had 3 (big Birtax or Chico key fits) car seats for ALONG time..........just now down to just 2 boosters!

9 year old & 6 year old twins.......

Thanks for posting, I used that info to get a 2018 RAM, while my wife doesn't like the baby seat sitting closer to the passenger side of the vehicle, (she wants to ride in the back with the baby) it is all very secure.

woofie2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 v6
3 fit just fine, have had 3 (big Birtax or Chico key fits) car seats for ALONG time..........just now down to just 2 boosters!

9 year old & 6 year old twins.......
Sorry to be slow to post, but my wife commented that the middle seat LATCH anchors are closer to the passenger side, she was riding in back with the baby.
I thought that was odd, the person behind the driver has a wider seat space. (due to school dropoff my son's booster seat needs to be on the passenger side, he has a Graco Affix Booster with LATCH tethers, which is hard to fasten and release his seat-belt with both tethers tight)