6.4 HEMI - Aftermarket Muffler for Old Man

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As I recall it only took a short piece of pipe and a Clamp. Also added a strap on Hanger for one side of the muffler. --- Hopefully your new 19200 system will not be to annoying with Drone.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As I recall it only took a short piece of pipe and a Clamp. Also added a strap on Hanger for one side of the muffler. --- Hopefully your new 19200 system will not be to annoying with Drone.

So I ran an experiment and it takes precisely 5 good whacks with a pipe and a 5lb sledge to remove the flap. Took longer to make the 'flap removal tool' then it did to actually break the flap loose. I'm going to replace the muffler in my MF 19200 cat-back kit next week and see how it all sounds.

View attachment 232614 View attachment 232615

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Borla screams when you get on it but isn't too bad when idling and cruising. No drone. I got the s type catback. Me and my 5 year old installed it in about an hour. I just needed hin to line up the tail pipe while I tightened the clamps.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah, nobody sells a cat back with a tour muffler. They're all dude blasters.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Funny thing is the borla muffler is almost as big as the stock muffler. Its straight through with another pipe that branches off one end and curves around and reconnects at the other end. It was louder than I thought it would be. Its just hard to quiet down a 3.5" ecauat I guess.

20210103_215355.jpg

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thanks for pics, Iron Outlaw. The Borla is also shorter, and they make no bones about their "S" Type mufflers being "aggressive". I've tried googling the guts of the stock muffler to no avail. Was hoping for an owner cut away pic. I suspect it is multi tube and stuffed with SS wool.

Thanks for feedback theviking.

Simon Ellis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The Solo Performance MR400 muffler replacement was an easy install and kept the resonator behind the rear axle. Came with all the hardware. Gives a nice low rumble when touring around and when you put your foot to the floor there is a little snap on the downshift.View media item 30397View media item 30396

Lilbxl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Solo Performance MR400 muffler replacement was an easy install and kept the resonator behind the rear axle. Came with all the hardware. Gives a nice low rumble when touring around and when you put your foot to the floor there is a little snap on the downshift.View media item 30397View media item 30396

I am really wanting to put this on my truck. Does it drone? Is it annoyingly loud? I don't like anything that has a "racking/rattling type sound" at full throttle(straight pipes). Listening to it on video is hard to get a real world sound. Thanks for any feedback.

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

Thanks for your post, but I couldn't get your pics to pop up?

Simon Ellis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am really wanting to put this on my truck. Does it drone? Is it annoyingly loud? I don't like anything that has a "racking/rattling type sound" at full throttle(straight pipes). Listening to it on video is hard to get a real world sound. Thanks for any feedback.

I really like it and don't find there to be a drone. You can tell when the mds is active, but personally, I find it sounds fine. At full throttle, there may be a little rattling, but not enough for my memory to really pick it out (haven't driven the truck for a week or so) there will be a snap/rasp when it downshifts.

We have a 4500 lb camper and the sound isn't too loud for my wife and kids when we go on long trips.

Lilbxl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I really like it and don't find there to be a drone. You can tell when the mds is active, but personally, I find it sounds fine. At full throttle, there may be a little rattling, but not enough for my memory to really pick it out (haven't driven the truck for a week or so) there will be a snap/rasp when it downshifts.

We have a 4500 lb camper and the sound isn't too loud for my wife and kids when we go on long trips.

I'm trying to decide between the Solo and an MBRP system. Just so hard to tell the sound though a video. Thanks for the feedback.

Simon Ellis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm trying to decide between the Solo and an MBRP system. Just so hard to tell the sound though a video. Thanks for the feedback.
I know your pain. I spent way too long trying to decide which way to go. Listening to every video I could and reading every review.

Lilbxl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I ran an experiment and it takes precisely 5 good whacks with a pipe and a 5lb sledge to remove the flap. Took longer to make the 'flap removal tool' then it did to actually break the flap loose. I'm going to replace the muffler in my MF 19200 cat-back kit next week and see how it all sounds.

View attachment 232614 View attachment 232615

How did you remove the flapper? Can you detail what was used and how? Thanks in advance.

dirtroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a magnaflow with both resonators . It sounds great , especially on start-up. Great snarl. It sounds pretty bad when MDS kicks in so I keep it in tow haul mode in town. I'm more "age enhanced " than hemimann and I LIKE it. And it's a standard cab so I'm closer to the dual tips ! Never2old

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have a magnaflow with both resonators . It sounds great , especially on start-up. Great snarl. It sounds pretty bad when MDS kicks in so I keep it in tow haul mode in town. I'm more "age enhanced " than hemimann and I LIKE it. And it's a standard cab so I'm closer to the dual tips ! Never2old

I am in awe!

OP
OP
HEMIMANN

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

I see them now, thanks for taking time to share again.

Boy, that is a simple retrofit, isn't it? I didn't see a sound clip on Solo's site, maybe I will look again.

I really wonder about the volume of sound, seeing as the canister is so small compared to the gigantic stock canister. I understand the Solo is packed with stainless steel wool though, according to their website.