6 lug GMC 285/45/22 on a 05 Dodge 4×4 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPIGAK MAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2005 Hemi
Hello this might quite possibly be the dumbest question ever asked but the rims and tires this guy is selling on Offer Up would look *****'n on my 2005 4×4 Dodge Ram 1500 So the only difference is immediately obvious the GMC has 6 lugs , so I'm gonna deduce that it was probably a 3500 series truck and the Dodge 1500 are equipped with 5 lugs. So, here comes the Einstein question.....
Is there anyway I can get those rims on my Dodge?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
No way that i can think of, that does not involve a Machine Shop & Welding $$$$$

I don't know if there is an adapter plate that would work.
I don't trust them anyway

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, but would require wheel adaptors, which are basically fat spacers (1”+) that bolt to one pattern, and have a different wheel bolt pattern. They are generally not cheap for quality sets (several hundred dollars), and even then it’s questionable how safe or hard on your suspension they will be. Plus they will effectively push the wheels outboard as wide as the adaptor is.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Those six lug wheels would be stock wheels for a GMC 1500. Definitely not a 3500 because that would have eight bolt wheels. As for putting on your RAM, it could be done very easily as mentioned with a set of wheel adapters and as mentioned they are basically just spacers and you will be looking at probably inch and a half at minimum. As for their safety , they're going to be just a safe as pretty much anything else because they still depend on your wheel studs to hold them on. As for doing anything to your bearings and your suspension, it's no different than running a set of offset rims. Offset rims are basically just rims with spacers built in.