89 dodge w250 runs few secs, then stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurrowsRacing33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1989 dodge w250 it will start up and runs like a champ, then it stalls, if you try to give it any gas at all it stalls as quick as you touch the throttle. sometimes i can get it to stay running for a couple mins and other times not even for a couple seconds. Any ideas? My other fairly large problem is it appears to be leaking coolant out of the front of the passenger side exaust manafold, the coolant ISN'T mixing with the oil and its NOT running down from the intake I just resealed it to make sure. Any ideas on that?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i would maybe try checking fuel pressure. might be a good place to start.

as far as coolant on the exhaust manifold. the stud on the exhaust manifold go all the way into the water jacket so if they are not sealed properly with Teflon tape or something similar and tightened up properly they could leak.

OP
OP
B

BurrowsRacing33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got it running, it was a combination of vacuum leaks and ignition timing being off a bit, and I sealed up the exhaust manifold bolts and the coolant stopped leaking. So pumped its running thanks for the help.