96 dodge 2500 not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Web_foot_whacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Just bought a new battery for my truck because it has been acting up. Sometimes it'll start in its own sometimes I can get it jumped of. When it won't start I get one click out of the starter that's it. What wrong with it guys?

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Try having someone knock on the starter with a hammer/mallet. Mine did something similar when my starter started to lock up. Probably will need a new starter. But could also be thinks like the connections to your battery or your ignition switch, but my money is on the starter

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Damnit, took the words out of my mouth lol. I take it you can't sleep either? OP: aside for BlackMagnum's suggestions, are you sure everything is off, and your ignition in the off position? I'd notice my battery was starting to die when it never would before. Turned out to be my ignition was broken, and I could take the key out in any position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Damnit, took the words out of my mouth lol. I take it you can't sleep either? OP: aside for BlackMagnum's suggestions, are you sure everything is off, and your ignition in the off position? I'd notice my battery was starting to die when it never would before. Turned out to be my ignition was broken, and I could take the key out in any position.

Lol yep. Most of my posts come from late nights when I can't sleep. That's when I get caught up on the new threads I've missed lol.
Also, that's another good point. Especially with how these dodges are with their ignition switch problems. However it should ding if it's not off

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I hear that, man. Gotta love the peace and quiet though lol