`98 Ram with 256K - These repairs look about right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles Waters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Hey all.

So my `98 Ram has 256K and is bone stock with the exception of the following replaced parts:

Alternator, Water Pump, A/C, Fan Clutch, Radiator.

I guess it's about time for this stuff to be replaced as well I presume?:

1702323785278.png

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm surprised ball joints aren't on the list. The 2nd gens are notorious for going through them, especially with your mileage. Aside from the front end parts, are you still running the original timing chain?

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah... probably need all that.... but the $2K in labor has me reaching for a beer. :oops:

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
brought my ex-2011 to a dodge dealer to have new plugs put in (i was too lazy to do it) for a Hemi, it was a total of $500. Then they told me the water pump leaked and my tie rod was bad. They gave me an estimate of $1565...tax not included. I told them just do the plugs.

Brought it to a private shop and asked if my water pump was leaking and to check the front tie rods. Guy told me every thing was perfect. I paid him for his time.

Lesson learned...i don't trust the dealers unless it's a warranty thing and i'll get a second opinion in the future. I did trade the truck in the following year.