A/C Challenges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danherrington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2 separate issues for which I am hoping for some guidance. The most critical is that my A/C blower only runs on high fan setting. I can control temp, but not fan speed. (I know, and I am grateful that I at least have one working speed!). Secondly, A/C condensation drips into passenger side floorboard. I have sealed the leak multiple times with Flexseal, but it does not hold as I drive off-road most of the time with this truck. Several years ago, local dealer told me it was about $1200 to repair ($100 part and all labor, because they have to pull the dash, to replace the part). Anyone, got experience with this? And/or advice?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like a bad resistor but not sure where it is, whether part of switch or separate.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fan speed is a bad resistor its like $20 near the blower motor and the water leak it sounds like your drain is clogged you will see it coming out of the fire wall on the passenger side in the engine bay blow air into it.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 what jws123 said. If you have a working fan but only one speed it’s a blower motor resistor. The wet passenger side floorboard is most likely a clogged drain. Find the drain and blow compressed air into the drain tube or fish a length of .095 string trimmer line up into the drain tube to unclog. It will take about 2 feet of trimmer line to clear the length of the drain tube.