A/C Compressor Relay Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadmaro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm having trouble with my A/C in my 2014 Ram 3500. The compressor isn't kicking on but it has adequate pressure (about 98psi with compressor off) and the fuse is good but has no power to it. If I jump power to the fuse the compressor comes on and cold air comes from the vents. This leads me to believe it is a relay issue but I can't find the location with all my Google searches and forum searches. Can someone point me in the right direction?

***Mods****
If this is not the right sub forum will you please move this to the correct area for me?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I think you can bypass the TPIM, let me look into it a little. You can at least use that to diagnose if it is TIPM.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Read this thread, I think there is at least one example of someone bypassing TIPM for an issue like yours post 25, and search TIPM and air conditioner here.

I don't know if this is correct for you, but gives you maybe an idea...

2010-06-22_020617_3500_2.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cadmaro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the help so far! It seems like a bypass with a relay is the best option for me. Having a little trouble finding the correct wiring diagram though. Does anyone have a reliable source for that stuff?

***Edit***

Looks like I may have found it!

http://connectors.dcctools.com/results.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cadmaro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Quick update :

The bypass did NOT fix my problem. After I bypassed the TIPM I was getting "climate control off" on the 8.4. I thought this was a issue with the bypass so I undid it and reconnected the 2 wires under the TIPM how they should be and tried a know good TIPM. Same issue so I used AlpaOBD to pull the HVAC codes and still had U0164 - "lost communication with HVAC module". I found the module for $50 from my local salvage yard and problem solved!!! I think the module went out because I had a windshield leak that dripped down the passenger grab handle right onto the module. I believe I have the windshield leak fixed thanks to some "flowable windshield sealant" but I wont be able to test until tomorrow once it is full cured.