a few problems with my lifted 04 ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramit04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just recently bought an 04 Ram 2500 with the hemi. The guy said it had a 6" super lift and. 3" Fab tech body lift. Anyway it has 37" tires on it and when i drive it I notice it will just all the sudden pull to one side or another. I constantly have to fight the truck. It donuts have any play when sitting still so I'm not sure if this is normal for a lifted truck with bigger tires or not. Also I hear like a clunking noise when i go over bumps more so when there are several bumps in a roW. I can shake my sway bar from side to side. Could anyone help me on making my truck enjoyable to drive?? Thank you

OP
OP
R

ramit04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
So is that also related to the pulling from one side to another?

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Check your trac bar. It may be lose. There will be (should be) a trac bar drop bracket that bolts to the top factory trac bar mounting location. Make sure those are all tight...that should take care of your pop.

As far as the pulling...your trac bar bushing could be shot. I know mine were and I had that problem. I'd turn, then all of a sudden it pull more that way. Check them bushing. New bushing are roughly $45

OP
OP
R

ramit04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok thanks. Ill check. Should my sway bar be loose enough to shack back and forth?

OP
OP
R

ramit04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok. I will defiantly try these things and get back on here and let y'all know if it helped. Thanks so much.

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
Sounds like its time for swaybar bushings as far as being able to move it. As far as the wandering, jack up both sides and shake the front down the front end for play in the ball joints and tie rods

OP
OP
R

ramit04

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like its time for swaybar bushings as far as being able to move it. As far as the wandering, jack up both sides and shake the front down the front end for play in the ball joints and tie rods

Ok. Thanks I will definitely try that as soon as i get off as well.