A little whining, so I can get it off my chest.. lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRussTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Okay.. so.. going to throw this out there as, frankly, I think it is time to move on and close the book on this dealership, but I need to get all this off my chest, so.. heh.

I am new to this forum, and sorry if my first posts are negative, I have been so so so spoiled with my last truck and the support I got with it. I know I should not expect that level of service, but ... yea...

I am sure many of you have read my first posts, so a little of this is rehash, but I wanted to throw it all out there, type it.. say my piece, so I can, hopefully, start enjoying my truck.

To that end, I will END the post with some bragging and a little excitement.

Not looking for a resolution, welcome to throw it out there, just.... is what it is.

I got a new 2018 Ram LoneStar. She's beautiful.. great truck.

The "deal" was totally me. I did not go to the dealership (probably would have been a red flag but, hell.. the deal was so good, would have gotten it anyway I am sure). I knew the price I needed/wanted to hit, and I got that too. I got the options.. I got everything I wanted and needed AND.. I even came up in my price, so they got what they wanted to.

Everyone should be happy....however...

I get that the "final deal" was great, imo.. and they got things wrong, we paid, they paid.. whatever. This is not about the cost but rather the very small stupid things that kept happening, and started with, not so much the actual mistakes but the sorta.. "yea... my bad.." over and over..

$300 cost difference...yea.. "nothing I can do..."
$1000 difference, "yea, nothing I can do.."

Truth be told, I planned for it. When I get an email about it and I reply, "yea, didn't we discuss this one actual aspect?" and no reply at all.

They make a mistake, send me a text or email about it. I reply with, "okay, I hear ya...what can we do to make this work so it does not happen again?" I get a reply along the lines of, "talked to my manager and nothing we can do about it". I reply along the lines of, "Look, mistakes happen, what I want to stop is how they happen and I find out by either asking a question and get an 'oh, yea,....' email, or I get a surprise when I go into the dealership".

They never reply to that. All I got was a call from the salesman asking me to change the first 4 answers on the survey to 9's or 10's... and do whatever I want with the other answers.

Literally, sent like 3 emails, one for each mistake, plus a last ditch effort after the last one going, "Look, we have a 72 month warranty and we are starting a relationship here. We live under 2 miles away. I want to see what we can do to help this communication process so we can all enjoy this process. What can we do? I'll bring BBQ and hang out with you guys if that will do the trick."

I even told them, I do not want freebees, new tires, the key to the washroom, I just want to not be surprised anymore and then ignored.

And... they do not reply.

The last straw, that prompted that email, was I took them the truck to have the heated seats installed as per the purchase agreement, and a step under the back bumper.

They called and TOLD me they had made an appointment on Friday.

I took them the truck Thursday night. I signed up for the SMS messages on progress and nothing...

I get a call about 4:30 Friday stating they were done with the seats but not the step, it would be Monday, could I send them my SSN cards?

No biggie...annoying, but, eh..

So, Uncle died that day, I am prepping to go to a funeral 3 hours away next week. "I" call on Monday asking if I can pick the truck up yet, I am told, they are trying to get them to work on it.."

I tell them, no problem, I will not be there for a few hours anyway. They may not make that.

Okay.. I'll take your brand new loaner truck on my 3-4 hour one way drive and rack on the miles...np...

They get the truck ready, but they still do not have the check cut for the aftermarket cap that was part of the deal. "yea.. any day now.."

I do not need it, I am fine, but MY time is valuable too and I have better things to do than cancel the son's cub scout meeting to get the truck, or the girl scout meeting two days later if the check comes in, or not go to a funeral the following day because you need me to come by again.

Small things, but the total lack of any initiative or care as to whether I had plans..I told them mail it to me... but they have to give it to me..

THEN.. I get in the truck, and they had put 100-150 miles on it! They took it to a 3rd party place, I get it.. but an hour away? And NO mention of it?

Ever get into your brand new truck thinking, "finally.. a truck that can get to the ranch on one tank. I have 261 miles to empty still..... and then see it needs to be filled up and go WTF?"

I emailed them with the whole "let's work on improving our communication so we do not get surprises like this again... and not a single reply.

So.. a lot of whining, I am very sorry.. but I had to type it all here vs sending it to the Big dogs Bigland and Gosslein stating all this.

I know there are good people at that dealership and they have families, I just want to not go "yea.. uh... nothing" when people ask about the new truck.

So.. on a GOOD note (Promised to end on a high note)

I got a heck of a deal on a A.R.E. cap, saved like $660 bucks on the original deal I had...will take about a month to get, but what a deal!

And the truck runs great ;)

Sorry for the rant.. love being here and I so look forward to picking up my spirits about this Ram....just off to a crappy start heh

Russ

dodge.jpg

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
First of all, very nice truck. Said it before and I'll say it again, love that color.
As for the dealership complaints, the best thing you can do is give an honest (and in this case negative) review on Dealer Rater and Google reviews. It helps other people more than you think.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Don't give in to the dealer's whining. If they screwed up, then they screwed up and they need to know it.

Clear, concise and to the point communications by you to them is critical if and when you decide to pursue this sooner.

Not getting a reply is symptomatic of their poor communication. Escalate the issue to the General Manager and quit wasting your time and words on the sales team.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Have a nice truck now though,young lad looks very proud of it :)

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not understand how any business that deals in customer service can ignore emails and survive. It is truly mind boggling. I am dealing with this same type of **** now with the new couch I bought. It showed up damaged and three weeks later it is still not resolved because the people I bought it from take forever to answer an email and seem to only read 50% of its content when they do answer. I would note everything on their customer survey and find another dealer. Some companies are just broken and not worth your time.

OP
OP
JRussTX

JRussTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Well, I guess I got what I needed, a really good deal. Beyond that, I am told they have a few good folks in the service department. I do not blame them as I have never met them. It is what it is, and I am glad I got it off my chest. For now, waiting on them to let me know I can pick up the $2,475 check they are supposed to cut for me to buy the camper shell. They have no idea when it will be ready, I guess once Chrysler "funds" the loan. The funny part is, my old truck was paid off.. so someone funded something...

Chrysler states they are weeks behind funding / processing paperwork due to tax season and more sales than they have seen in over a decade.

So, sitting and waiting.

They left the keys to a brand new truck off their lot in my truck when I was there last. I let them know....was thinking of taking it by today during lunch, but will wait till I "have" to go up there.

Sorry about your couch btw:(

I like the truck and the kiddo too ;)

Russ

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I can't tell you how many times I walked out of a dealership really intending to buy a vehicle BUT I was so pissed off at the dealer's games I was at the point I wanted to fight; but I got up and walked out. Dealer can kiss my ****.
I looked for a several years before I find my 2014 Ram. 1 owner; nicely maintained and fair price. I paid private party sale book value and that was a great deal since most people were asking dealer price. Patience pays off.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is not across the board but in a lot of cases I think the dealers are the weakest link in the Ram brand.

As I say that, there are exceptions as members on this forum have had awesome dealings with some dealers......