A not-so-humble brag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can do that speed/distance in 18 seconds more or less, LOL. Not bad for RCSB truck there OP. Hate to assume, but you are talking about 1/4 mile run? Standard run length.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is that a standard 'tune'?

Hey, at least you can drive there, race a few runs, then stop on the way home and toss a few sheets of plywood and bundles of shingles in the back. Can't do that in a 'funny car'! :happy107:
He might have to stop and get some motion lotion (gas ) also, LOL. When I was at Dealer about a year ago, Sales person runs up, I am perusing the "show" room (my truck in for MX), trying to sell me a Purple Demon at 98K. I looked at him and said: and just what would I do with it? Cannot tow, haul, carry anything except 1 plastic bag and a gallon of milk. He took the hint and walked away and I perused some more. They did have a RT Durango in there at 92K, so I think, well I have a MY 19 Bighorn I paid 41K for, ahhhh, no need no stinkin Durango, LMAO.

army turk1.JPGIMG_2687.JPG

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did 15.2 seconds 1/4 mile bone stock with at tires. Would love to see what it could do now with all my mods and 35s. Definitely faster now even being 300lbs heavier.
Vroooooom !!!!!!! Figure my time via Post #4 close, since I have AT3W's instead of Balloon's (SRA's) on truck, LOL, maybe gain 1/10th with covered bed, lmao.

turk helmut drive.JPG

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need more stickers Khris,lol ;) :Big Laugh:
If I stuck the stickers for everything I bought to the truck instead of my sticker wall I think I would be up at least 200hp.

Vroooooom !!!!!!! Figure my time via Post #4 close, since I have AT3W's instead of Balloon's (SRA's) on truck, LOL, maybe gain 1/10th with covered bed, lmao.

View attachment 500918
Yea I had procomp at sports on in stock size. I can’t remember how much heavier they were but it was not a super huge difference compared to now. 15.2 was the only run that didn’t spin off the line. I’m sure if the track was better I would have gone 1/10 faster

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Finally made it to our local dragstrip (Edgewater sports park in Cleves, OH) for test n tune night.
Did 5 passes, last and quickest was 14.91 sec @ 93.54 mph. Not too shabby for a 4x4 with A/T tires!
View attachment 500895
Can't wait to go again!
That's pretty decent for a 4X4 with those tires. A set of 17's and a pair of drag radials would really make a differance.Did you pull the spare tire/tailgate and seat,and hit the track with a 1/4 tank of fuel,if not,you'll probably pick up at least a tenth and half,maybe more with those off. Enter your track and you can find out the DA when you ran. Dragtimes isn't as good as AirDensity online,but it'll let you DA correct your times.

If you know what your truck weighes,this calculator is actually pretty close to calculate your horsepower

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Any truck that hits the strip has to have a name, what's the trucks name? If not can we name it?

OP
OP
BadHemi2014

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
is that a standard 'tune'?

Hey, at least you can drive there, race a few runs, then stop on the way home and toss a few sheets of plywood and bundles of shingles in the back. Can't do that in a 'funny car'! :happy107:
Heck yeah that's the best thing about trucks they can literally do anything.
Mine was dyno tuned at Skaats Motorsports in Covington KY ( in case any of my greater Cincinnati peeps are interested)

OP
OP
BadHemi2014

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's pretty decent for a 4X4 with those tires. A set of 17's and a pair of drag radials would really make a differance.Did you pull the spare tire/tailgate and seat,and hit the track with a 1/4 tank of fuel,if not,you'll probably pick up at least a tenth and half,maybe more with those off. Enter your track and you can find out the DA when you ran. Dragtimes isn't as good as AirDensity online,but it'll let you DA correct your times.

If you know what your truck weighes,this calculator is actually pretty close to calculate your horsepower

I did remove tailgate, spare, and all tools and flotsam in the truck. Didn't occur to me to remove seat. I also have nerf bars and tow hooks I might remove next time. She's really nose heavy (I know they all are of course). I def am considering a set of drag radials, I felt like the tires were bouncing or 'skipping' a little all the way down the track.

OP
OP
BadHemi2014

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mods include Stainless Works LT headers, 16" magnaflow, CAI, Comp Cams 216/222 truck cam, non MDS lifters, TrueTrac, and dyno tune.

I also have the 6 speed trans, I'd love to swap in an 8 spd, maybe on down the road!

Wheel HP on dyno was 322 at 5800 rpm.

@Wild one , thanks for the help and tips! I need more practice too, this was my first time at the track! My first pass was 15.14.