ABS Controol Module -C220049 intermittent failure .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
About a week ago my ABS lights came on, Pulled the code C2200049 ABS controol module internal electrical failure.

Facts :
Recently put new tires on rear move one of the rear tires to the front. 3 weeks prior to ABS failure .

Battery went bad - had it replaced , no change

I’ve done a break bleed and ABS bleed that did not change anything.

Interesting part is I’ve noticed if I drive the truck up to 50 MPH stop ,kill the engine and restart lights go away. Consistently and ABS and traction controol work normal.

Left to check/ do
-voltage at fuse panel
-alternator
-ground at abs harness
- remove clean inspect and reinstall
- yeah _ideas please
- where to get a replacement part

Attachments

• ABS Fail .pdf
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
J

JD2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update , still have not found a replacement co troop module . I removed the old one cleaned the contacts and reinstalled it. Now when I turn on the key only the traction controol light is on until ignition start the both come on.

OP
OP
J

JD2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ITS FIXED!!! .. So I was able to source a salvage control module and on install the ABS light was out but traction controol was still on. Codes pulled for vin mis matched .Disclosure this will not work for everyone it depends on the programing mine did , the dealership rehashed the module and it works perfectly.