ABS kicking in while breaking occasionally...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
Going to repost this...others mentioned its probably your breaks or a bad hub .... did a full break rotor/pad job front rear and hub seemed fine....also checked the rear ABS sensors both sides and they were dirty...cleaned as best as i could ...no idea how to access the front ABS sensors....besides that i don't know why the hell the abs is kicking in? the light doesn't come on the dash when it kicks in..just that repeated break grinding feel on the break pedal idk how to describe it.. almost like it's slipping on ice....any ideas??? 2015 ram sport

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Does your truck have traction control? I'm guessing it does, that would mean that each wheel can be individually activated. I wouldn't expect the ABS light to come on in any event unless there was a fault in the system. Can you check the fault codes in the computer? Did you lube the calipers with caliper grease so they can center on the spindle around the rotor?