Bolt thing in windsheld does anyone know what this is???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m missing something. You said your rear view mirror is mounted but the factory mounting stud isn’t being used. Are you using a aftermarket rear view mirror or have you installed a different mirror and mount? Possibly the windshield was replaced and the windshield repair company did something different with the mirror? Either way I would not remove that mounting stud. If you have gone to a new mount or aftermarket and decide to go back to the factory mirror you’ll need that mounting stud. I’d mask off the area and paint it with matte black model paint to conceal it a little. If you absolutely have to have it gone I’d suggest taking it to an automotive window repair shop and let them do it for 50-75 bucks. If they break it, they pay for the new windshield.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe a picture ,not so close from the side, I have to go look at mine now, damn stairs.

Had a look on my 2014, I have a blk. plastic cover from the mirror up to the head liner, so can't see anything, one I did find when I tipped the mirror down was a family of dust bunny's

Last edited:

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mount for the upper console containing all the electronics? Looks like it’s not equipped as such. My best guess lol.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
He can't seem to find his way back here, So I'm not going to worry, Mine has the over head stuff, but it does not go that far ahead, you can still see the headliner at the cover for the wires behind the plastic that runs up from mirror mount to headliner
there is another sq bit of plastic there , sat radio antenna, or nav.??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdog57