AC blows cold on one side only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Euromade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I have a 2020 Laramie with a 12" screen. My driver side vents stopped blowing cold air. The passenger side works as it should. Is this a blend door issue or is there a way re-sync?
The fan pressure is even on both sides and it works as it should. I just do not get any ac on the drivers side No matter what setting I’m on.
thanks!

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Had that happen in my wife's old Grand Cherokee. It was a bad blend door actuator.

OP
OP
E

Euromade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a quick and costly update (that should have not be pricey). So the truck kept on blowing hot air on the driver's side and sprinting water on the passenger side floor mat. Apparently there is a "known" issue with with a drain "pipe" on the passenger side firewall. The technician's note were " it is a common problem" however they did not advise me to simply stick a screw driver into the "drain hole" and unclog the drain. As a result I had to pay for a complete dash removal as a few blend doors got fried. To the tune of 2K the issue was fixed. Oe would think, once I made a service call they would have told me to stick a screw driver into the the drain hole and resolve the issue before he internal electronics got fried. A 12 hr how took 7 days to complete! A complete disaster....

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealers don't make money teaching you how to do your own repairs. Welcome to the forum