Acceleration/Downshift Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris0530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I've been having lag in acceleration and my truck revs everytime it downshifts. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 3.6 V6 with a Flowmaster 40 box and K&N intake. The issue started after I installed the Flowmaster box. Is there any tuning to fix this or should I put the stock muffler back on? Based on several conversations I've had, it seems like backflow might be a factor here. I like the way it sounds but I'd rather have a truck that runs good rather than a loud truck. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Couple ideas, easy to check ...if you haven't already:

1) Intake sealing? Is the intake sealing properly over the throttle body? Sometimes the rubber boot might not be fully on. If that happens, it'll suck air in the gap where the rubber boot becomes folded under. And it'll throw off the amount of airflow the computer see going past the MAF. So remove the boot and re-check ...if you haven't already.

2) Is there a PVC hose/valve which was disturbed in the process of your mods? Worth a check. Make sure it works properly.

3) Is the throttle body blade dirty/fuel-loaded up? The blade and bore need to be good and clean. Worth a check.

4) Could a vacuum hose or wire connector become disturbed while doing your mods?

Sorry I can't point to any specifics.. Good luck