Shutter on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I've also had a "shudder" for a long time....since before the warranty expired. I just went back through my service records and found one from 2019 at 68000 miles when i'd brought the truck in for this exact issue and dealer told me nothing was wrong. I'm going to be reaching our to ram cares i think this is the same issue and should have been handled under my 100k warranty. We'll see if i get anywhere
So it's tough, if you read what they said they didnt say there was no shudder, they said there was no slipping or codes or shifting problems. They did say there was no noises, but that is subjective, the dealer will always say small noises are under the normal umbrella. The point about low rpm shudder, it is very common and one of the lowest priority things for a dealer to address with no other symptoms. In fact, I personally would be shocked if a dealer ever fixed a small shudder under warranty with no other issue. Since most of the time it is fixed with fluid they would likely chalk it up to maintenance. I must admit I didnt even bring it to my dealers attention because I felt it a small issue, at the time I was much more worried about hemi tick. So it has been shuddering at least since 2019 probably earlier and there has never been any other symptom? Kind adds fuel to the dealers position under the normal factor.

To make it worse, my belief a lot of this is from too thin of liquid, and the 8 speed operates a higher temp then earlier transmissions so your fluid is real thin. My guess fresh fluid would fix shudder but it will come back when the oil wears out again. Does yours shudder when in tow haul??

Sorry I see you are the new seal guy, I didnt realize that. I don't understand that at all to be honest, what seal requires a new transmission? Low rpm shudder led to a seal issue many years later? Doesnt hur tto try, gotta prove that maybe you can.

Last edited:

PT-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI, I was experiencing shudder and hard shifts while in tow/haul mode. Fluid change and Shudder Fixx made a world of difference.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
FYI, I was experiencing shudder and hard shifts while in tow/haul mode. Fluid change and Shudder Fixx made a world of difference.
So hard shift is completely different then just low rpm shudder, the fact you had both lends it to be something other then just LRS. Glad it worked, I had a previous vehicle that had hard shift I fixed with a flush type cleaner and sold it a while later, dude emailed me out of the blue a decade later told me it was the best vehicle he ever owned, lol.

I wouldnt let anyone touch my transmission till I tried everything I could before letting them put their greedy ahnds on it.

PT-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My question is this, how is Chrysler getting away with not letting its customers know that the 8-speed transmission in fact needs its fluid changed every 50-60k miles??
Class action??

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This is the way of the new world, the system all of it doesnt want any of your equipment to last as long as it should. Their goals are vastly different then yours. You gonna sue these people for their goals? Trying telling a federal judge you disagree with climate change goals of fluid strategies. Personally I'd throw a party if that ever happens, but I would say sheep have sheep problems, wolves have wolves problems, chose one.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I aint saying which one is better neither, I miss my days of being a dam sheep and all that yummy ignorance. But I don't believe none of what I hear these days and only 1/2 of what I see. Oem's have lost all credibility they ever had imho, just ones man's opinion. I wouldnt believe a single thing out of that camp.

fast1al

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i'll give the lubeguard a shot and report back. Looks like everyone used the lubeguard platnium 2in1 (silver / red bottle)? how many oz did you add?

OP
OP
MoparBrent

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I haven't been active here lately since making the post. Hectic work season with all of the forest fires in Canada this year.

Long story short, I have decided to trade my truck in. My truck has been fully paid off for a few years now and I was able to talk a dealer into giving me 25.5k for trade in so figured I would take the equity I have in my truck and order a brand new 2024 vehicle.

No point now spending $1200 for a transmission fluid change for a potential non-fix.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sorry I haven't been active here lately since making the post. Hectic work season with all of the forest fires in Canada this year.

Long story short, I have decided to trade my truck in. My truck has been fully paid off for a few years now and I was able to talk a dealer into giving me 25.5k for trade in so figured I would take the equity I have in my truck and order a brand new 2024 vehicle.

No point now spending $1200 for a transmission fluid change for a potential non-fix.
Who quoted you $1200 to change fluid,put a name on this gouge and screw dealership so other guys can avoid the place.Even in Canada that's a rip off price