Active air service ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey guys I have a 16 2500 6.7. I put a injen air intake on it recently, a few days after the install a message came up saying active air service required see dealer. I have a p1475 trouble code which is an aux 5 volt high volt issue. I'm wondering if I should take the truck in as is to the dealer or put the stock intake back on?

Also I'm running an edge tuner how should I go about disconnecting it so the service guy can plug into the obd?

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Do you have all the sensors plugged in on the intake?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Removing Ram Active-Air intake system is what caused the service message.
The Active-Air system is basically a motorized cold air intake system that controls the entering air temp to aid with efficiency.

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yes everything is plugged in, I've disconnected the batteries, cleared the code with my edge and it keeps coming back on.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It also controls where it brings air in from- front or back side of the box. That's to keep overly wet or too hot air to get in. Helps keep warmer air coming in when it's very cold outside as well.

Taking off that OEM box will throw faults.