Add power fold mirror help in chicago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveyanko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I bought all the parts door modules, mirrors , door window switch. Installed all. Local dealer contacted Chrysler in Detroit I had them add code Lera for power fold. But they can't turn it on. Does anyone know of a dealership in around Chicago that knows how to?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I bought all the parts door modules, mirrors , door window switch. Installed all. Local dealer contacted Chrysler in Detroit I had them add code Lera for power fold. But they can't turn it on. Does anyone know of a dealership in around Chicago that knows how to?
I'm looking into swapping my electric heated mirrors for electric, heated, Puddle Lights and turn signal and so far everything I've read, owners have had to hard wire everything for it to work. Apparently one owner messaged FCA and their response was along the line of "if your truck didn't come with those mirror features, then it doesn't have the modules and parts needed to make them work".

Pretty much plugging it in and flashing the sales code will not work, at all, ever. Unless your truck came from the factory with those features.

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can have the codes flashed for the puddle lights and turn signals. If you have added mirrors with the power fold option... you will need to hard wire them yourself to have them fold. There are 2 different ways to do this, both are in threads in the DIY section. I also thought I read that OB Genie now offers the power fold as a option, but honestly I can't remember.

Ray-vw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Obd genie is what I used work flawless highly recommended

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the obd genie as well and everything works; install the hardware and then flash with genie and 35 seconds later everything worked...

OP
OP
D

Daveyanko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Obd genie is what I used work flawless highly recommended

Yes, but my truck is a 2012. They got everything to work but power fold. Puddle,directional work. Just need a dealer who is familiar with it to get it done. I have read of several 11 and 12 trucks that got it done. Unfortunately no where near me. OBD genie will not work. That's only on 2013+

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I read a few old forum posts from 2013 where members swapped from Power + Heat mirrors to Power + Heat + Puddle + Turn Signals and when the dealer would Flash the sales codes the Puddle and Turns wouldn't work. They had to hardwire them. There was even a write up guide on what wires to run where.

Maybe for the 13+ Rams it's as easy as flashing the sales codes but I'm pretty sure from my research that 09-12 rams, even flashing the sales codes won't get the Puddle Lights and Turn Signals to work. I could be wrong, but I dunno....

• 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB Hemi • 22" SRT-10 Wheels Plastidipped Black w/ Bridgestone Tires • Smoked Taillights • Custom Quad Headlights • Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Lows • MicTuning 6000k LED Fogs • K&N 63 Series CAI • Flowmasters Muffler • Line-X Bed • OEM Black Badges All Around • 20% Tint All Around • Lund Tri-Fold Tonneau + plenty more coming soon...

OP
OP
D

Daveyanko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Boggles my mind that a dealer can't figure this out. Time to trade in on a Ford

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Boggles my mind that a dealer can't figure this out. Time to trade in on a Ford

LOL

If you're going to trade in on a Ford why not trade in on a newer RAM that has the options you want already?

OP
OP
D

Daveyanko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
LOL

If you're going to trade in on a Ford why not trade in on a newer RAM that has the options you want already?
Because the dail shifter belongs in a minivan, not a truck. Ford gets that.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
OK....well....Buh Bye.