adding a roof console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so I've got an issue....I have a 2012 express, which has no roof console. I am adding a roof console from a Laramie, which has everything (dome lights, garage door opener, temp sense...etc) therefore, I need a new harness. I found the correct, or what I think is the correct harness, but when I plug it into my truck and turn on, all my dash lights come on. everything runs fine but I'm missing something. help please! can this prob be fixed where everything will work correctly

OP
OP
blue beauty

blue beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so I would need to have the ecu flashed adding all the new features? when I turn ignition to acc position, all my dash lights come on. truck still turns over and appears to run fine mechanically

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
typically yes... there are sales codes on the Ram that can be added in to enable features that are disabled from the factory. I think most use something like AlphaOBD as some dealers won't do it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
so I would need to have the ecu flashed adding all the new features? when I turn ignition to acc position, all my dash lights come on. truck still turns over and appears to run fine mechanically
You can add the codes yourself with an app called AlfaOBD. What year truck did the overhead console you used come out of?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
not sure to be honest...bought it off ebay, it said 09-12 models
Ok 2013+ are not compatible which is why I asked. Do you have the part number from the back? Can you take a picture and post it here?

OP
OP
blue beauty

blue beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Screenshot_20231007_030610.jpg
I believe this is the correct number...I have already installed the part and reassembled everything...I have another pic of another sticker, but it appears to just have the patent numbers on that one