Adding features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
So with my new to me 06 MC I'm wondering what's involved on the trucks to add oem features like dual zone climate, power sliding rear glass and radio steering wheel controls. I added all these to my 06 magnum. The dzc was easy. Hvac box and harness and I changed the FCM for configuration but trucks use TIPMs and they're more flexible to features I believe. Radio controls were plug and play tho

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You have a CAN bus vehicle so SOMETIMES it's as easy as going in and enabling things with a dealer level computer, HOWEVER...
1. Dual zone climate requires ripping out the dash, the door structure is different between single and dual zone; you can't just change a module or program something and voila there it is lol. I have two LX's, did you actually change the temp door (to allow for split temperatures) or did you just plug in a DZ module?
2. Installing the power sliding glass physically is easy. You need to figure out if there is harness already there for both the rear (by the glass) and in the dash (to install a switch). If both ends of harness are there, and there is an empty spot in the fusebox/TIPM, it may be that simple (expect it not to be).
3. Steering wheel controls will depend on whether your clockspring has the requisite pins for the plugs off the steering wheel buttons. If it doesn't you will need to replace the clockspring so they have matching pins.

The CAN systems are similar between your Ram and a Magnum with the exception of BUS speed.

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
The dzc on the magnum required heater box. Box harness, dash harness, heater control head and I learned later FCM from another MAGNUM only! I still have a charger FCM in my car and the rear wiper doesn't work because it's now a lx49 not a lx48 anymore due to FCM configurations. At a dealer level I can't do much for config because tipm reconfigure pulls the vin from dealer connect cloud server so if I screw up my truck I can reconfigure with that but adding features I'm not sure aside from swapping the tipm. I know on bus vehicles there's always 2 modules that hold build configuration to rewrite the main module should out fail and get replaced. LX this is the FCM and cluster. The ram may use the cluster also since it controls interior functions. My hvac is stuck on face so I may be pulling the box in the future anyway... The radio controls I figured as much about the clockspring. Magnum was the same. Had to change the wheel harness but CS was the same. I have a RER in my magnum but the mygig lockpicks for the trucks say 09 up only but I think it'll still work. These trucks had a REC option which puts us in the same bus as the car

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lockpick adapter is the same to retrofit to an 06-08 truck as well. There is a dipswitch in the harness for low or high speed bus (you should have seen this if you actually put an RER in your Magnum).

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
Lockpick adapter is the same to retrofit to an 06-08 truck as well. There is a dipswitch in the harness for low or high speed bus (you should have seen this if you actually put an RER in your Magnum).
I totally forgot it had that