Advice on where to order OEM Mopar exhaust manifold bolts and gaskets...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently, I got a loud "tick" sound when I start my truck. After taking a look at the exhaust manifold heat shields, I have narrowed it down to broken exhaust manifold bolts. Sounds easy enough to order OEM replacements, right? Turns out all of the "bolt kits" I'm seeing online are aftermarket parts and I'm seeing tons of Mopar part suppliers listing each individual bolt. Has anyone found an easy place to order a set of OEM bolts for both sides, the two gaskets and the necessary bolts that connect to the exhaust pipes? Please let me know...thanks!

Ryan J

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie limited
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used doorman bolts. Been a couple years and no issues. I think from amazon. And got the gaskets from there too. Obviously OEM bolts arent good if they are breaking. I had 2 on each side. The back bolt with the heat shield studs were broken.

OP
OP
NJ4X4

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used doorman bolts. Been a couple years and no issues. I think from amazon. And got the gaskets from there too. Obviously OEM bolts arent good if they are breaking. I had 2 on each side. The back bolt with the heat shield studs were broken.

Thanks for the response! I've been considering Doorman bolts.... usually Doorman has pretty good stuff. And, agreed....the OEM bolts are crap....they're the ones I'm replacing at 61K miles.

Ryan J

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie limited
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the response! I've been considering Doorman bolts.... usually Doorman has pretty good stuff. And, agreed....the OEM bolts are crap....they're the ones I'm replacing at 61K miles.
Yup! I bought my truck with 60k on it and it had the leak when i bout but i wasnt aware of the bolt issue. Thought mightve been a gasket or and actual leak. i did the driver side myself, the head of the bolt broke off so once i removed the manifold i had an inch of bolt to work with. The passenger side broke flush with the block so i took it to a shop to deal with that lol

OP
OP
NJ4X4

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup! I bought my truck with 60k on it and it had the leak when i bout but i wasnt aware of the bolt issue. Thought mightve been a gasket or and actual leak. i did the driver side myself, the head of the bolt broke off so once i removed the manifold i had an inch of bolt to work with. The passenger side broke flush with the block so i took it to a shop to deal with that lol

Exactly! My drivers side is either broke off at the head or slightly below and from what I understand, you need a high-power welder to build up on the end of the broken stud..so you can turn it and remove it. I hear trying to use an easy-out is not worth it.