Extra Intake Manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilligaf-23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ended up with an extra Intake Manifold after my mechanic ruined my engine and had to put a new one in.
I had the exhaust manifold Hemi tick from the broken bolts. I decided to extract them myself ( Thats where I messed up) and I just made things worse. I ended up wobbling out the bolt holes pretty much ruining my heads. I ended up hiring my friend thats a mechanic for 30+ years ( thats where I really messed up). He ended up doing it wrong and had oil going into my coolant not in the oil yet. He tried to correct his mess up and accidently knocked my Intake manifold on the ground and cracking it. He ordered a used one from carparts direct. Before it came in, he decided he didnt want to finish the job (cause he knew he ruined my motor) and quit. I finally got my truck and the intake manifold he ordered and took to another shop. They found coolant in the motor which resulted in me buying a whole new motor. I decided to go through the dealership so I would have the Mopar warranty. With that I needed to put all things new. Radiator, hoses, Intake manifold, etc.. Now I have an extra intake manifold and dont want to just throw it away cause they are hard to get.
I'm not sure if I can sell stuff off this forum or not, Please disregard if not allowed.

Attachments

• intake manifold 2.jpg
    intake manifold 2.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 16
  • intake manifold 1.jpg
    intake manifold 1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So I ended up with an extra Intake Manifold after my mechanic ruined my engine and had to put a new one in.
I had the exhaust manifold Hemi tick from the broken bolts. I decided to extract them myself ( Thats where I messed up) and I just made things worse. I ended up wobbling out the bolt holes pretty much ruining my heads. I ended up hiring my friend thats a mechanic for 30+ years ( thats where I really messed up). He ended up doing it wrong and had oil going into my coolant not in the oil yet. He tried to correct his mess up and accidently knocked my Intake manifold on the ground and cracking it. He ordered a used one from carparts direct. Before it came in, he decided he didnt want to finish the job (cause he knew he ruined my motor) and quit. I finally got my truck and the intake manifold he ordered and took to another shop. They found coolant in the motor which resulted in me buying a whole new motor. I decided to go through the dealership so I would have the Mopar warranty. With that I needed to put all things new. Radiator, hoses, Intake manifold, etc.. Now I have an extra intake manifold and dont want to just throw it away cause they are hard to get.
I'm not sure if I can sell stuff off this forum or not, Please disregard if not allowed.
Used 5.7 intakes are a dime a dozen,and not really worth all that much,so don't get your hopes up to much on it being worth a hell'va lot.If you had a 6.4 truck intake,they're worth money.

OP
OP
Dilligaf-23

Dilligaf-23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Used 5.7 intakes are a dime a dozen,and not really worth all that much,so don't get your hopes up to much on it being worth a hell'va lot.If you had a 6.4 truck intake,they're worth money.
When he broke it and ordered one, it took like 3 weeks. The dealership had to order a new one for warranty purposes, it took 3 weeks cause they were on backorder. I dont hardly want anything for it, I just dont want to toss it if someone is struggling to find one.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
When he broke it and ordered one, it took like 3 weeks. The dealership had to order a new one for warranty purposes, it took 3 weeks cause they were on backorder. I dont hardly want anything for it, I just dont want to toss it if someone is struggling to find one.
They're all over the hi-po facebook pages with guys basically giving them away,as they've made the switch to the 6.4 intake.If you had the 6.4 intake,that ones worth a fair bit. You're mechanic should of looked on the Ram hi-po pages on facebook,he'd of had his choice of them for a little over the cost of shipping

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357