AEV vs. DOR

AEV or DOR LA?

• AEV

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • DOR

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
Hello folks, been gone for awhile- moved to CT and am finally settled in.

I was going to get a DOR 2" LA lift installed on my truck when I was in WV but ran out of time and moved.

Now I am looking at the lift- almost $5K with all of the goodies from DOR and it looks solid.

Today I saw a 2500DH for PW AEV lift and it is only $1600.00-
I'm not into skimping on something like this but I can't help but wonder why it is so cheap (although there are no Long arms - it is basically looks like a suspension lift using the oem radius arms.

Anyone have an idea of why there is such a big difference (yeah the shocks I get as well) but is the AEV lift just for a mall crawler? <-- not knocking anyone who has it- I just wonder reliability and performance-wise how they compare.

I had a shop quote a not - to - exceed labor of $1K to install the DOR kit on my rig and it seems like a pretty good deal except I have to do something about the spare - a whole other subject...

Anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 2500
The AEV lift is just a spacer/bracket lift built to recreate factory geometry with some additional height. The DOR Long Arms are a complete suspension package built for serious offroading and additional flex by eliminating the stock radius arm system. If it's just for looks I guess the AEV kit is ok, but if you want actual suspension improvement DOR/Thuren is the way to go.

OP
OP
xdamageincx

xdamageincx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT8 HEMI
The AEV lift is just a spacer/bracket lift built to recreate factory geometry with some additional height. The DOR Long Arms are a complete suspension package built for serious offroading and additional flex by eliminating the stock radius arm system. If it's just for looks I guess the AEV kit is ok, but if you want actual suspension improvement DOR/Thuren is the way to go.

I looked at the Thuren lift- it doesn;t appear to have the LA's- I think I will go with DOR.
Thanks for the input.
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/p...nsion-systems/king-2-5-systems/2014-2500.html

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you need Long arms where you will be wheeling? I been off-road in my old raptor in CT and all that was needed was a good working suspension with good calving in the shocks. I would think the Thuren kit would do especially with the valving he offers

We offer Thuren Fabrication. Let me know if we can help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 2500
I looked at the Thuren lift- it doesn;t appear to have the LA's- I think I will go with DOR.
Thanks for the input.
https://www.thurenfabrication.com/p...nsion-systems/king-2-5-systems/2014-2500.html

If you're dead set on long arms then I think DOR is the only one making them right now. The Thuren kit is good, but probably will not flex the way a true 4 link will. The Long arms may be overkill unless you plan to really wheel your PW, can't go wrong either way, but I would avoid AEV as it seems overpriced for what's included, a $200 2" spacer would accomplish basically the same thing for a lot less.

Jeep946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have aev’s Lift on my power wagon. 2016. Love it. It is not just a spacer kit as most say. It has 100% improved the ride and handling of the truck. Handles more like a car now. I love it. And can still tow factory ratings. All lifts that have new spring take about 15 to 20% of the towing and payload away. Posted in most all lift sights in small print.

Michael Shelswell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There is a few companies making " better" radius arms, Carli, Pure Performance, BDS, Icon I think, DT Profab, Radius arms are very good and if you aren't doing crazy rock crawling then swapping all that out for " long arms" really is a waste. A properly set up suspension will flex great for what you'd likely need. Thuren Fabrications would be my first choice take a look at CJC offroad they have lots of good info on their web site.