After market blind spot mirror warning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just bought 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie without blind spot mirrors (chip shortage, I imagine). Can this be added later?
Thanks

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yes you can add them, I have a set of WADE STAR spot mirrors, he sells here! Not cheap but real glass and a good view !
Should be many reviews on site here !

WadeStar https://www.wadestarproducts.com/st...2018_Ram_Trucks_with_Non-Towing_Mirrors..html

And any part store or Wal Mart also sell them
For placement if you have a second person, you sit in drivers seat and have them move mirror placement till you find what works for you the stick em on !
If by yourself put tape on the back of spot mirrors and stick to truck mirror and move around as needed !
I also put some cheapo spot mirrors on my car and they work nice as well

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You can add the blind spot detection by just changing the rear stop lamp housings to the ones with the module in it. this will give you the warning ding. You won't get the orange triangle unless you change the mirrors too.
Thewse guys used to sell a kit, all factory parts, that had the tail lamps, and mirrors all in a kit, not cheap but everything you need to add it. It doesn't show on their site now but worth a call. Otherwise just buy the parts from MOPAR.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just bought 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie without blind spot mirrors (chip shortage, I imagine). Can this be added later?
Thanks
You can add it pretty easily after the fact, and many have done this. It can be done for quite a bit cheaper than the kit posted above. The entire mirror assemblies don’t have to be swapped out to get the BSM indicators, just the glass itself (some 2022 owners have reported the indicators already being present, even though you can’t actually see the triangles).
This thread has all the info you need on adding the feature yourself:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can add them, I have a set of WADE STAR spot mirrors, he sells here! Not cheap but real glass and a good view !
Should be many reviews on site here !

WadeStar https://www.wadestarproducts.com/st...2018_Ram_Trucks_with_Non-Towing_Mirrors..html

And any part store or Wal Mart also sell them
For placement if you have a second person, you sit in drivers seat and have them move mirror placement till you find what works for you the stick em on !
If by yourself put tape on the back of spot mirrors and stick to truck mirror and move around as needed !
I also put some cheapo spot mirrors on my car and they work nice as well

These mirrors look great and here's a real shocker, the price at Amazon.ca is actually less than dot com at the moment.

For the Canadian folks, tough to beat at $13.25 for the pair. I just need about $8 more for free shipping (I already have one more item in my cart) :cool:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have had mine for several years and really like them !

The Amazon US sight has them for $19.95 US :O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500