Aftermarket exhaust: Dynaflow or Flowmaster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
I'm looking into adding an aftermarket exhaust for my 07 Ram 1500 3.7L. It's a V6 but I want it to sound beefier. Anyone here have some suggestions? I was looking into the Flowmaster 40 series BUT, I'm not ruling out other brands or types. I wanna hear from someone who has a muffler installed and see what they think. Also, is it best to do the complete conversion kit? I'm ****** full catback, muffler and pipes? Or is the muffler alone enough to make it sound better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you want a louder exhaust, choose Flowmaster. Check out youtube for the sound of this exhaust and other brands.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would personally go with the Borla XR-1 muffler, keep the resonators in. It will give your exhaust some bass but not be obnoxious under load like I found the flowmaster 40 to be in my buddies 3.6 ram.

https://youtu.be/OsmG6M8nzQ4

Northern Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
My 2 Cents

Hey there:

Have you considered MBRP? I just put on a XP Series Dual Side-Exit Cat-Back Exhaust system from them, and I absolutely love it!

It's obviously louder than stock, but it's not obnoxious or raspy.

On the inside, the MBRP system is quite demure; rumbly and bassy but not too much. Just enough to sound healthy.

On the outside, however; HOLY COW!! Under load at 3,000 rpms, you can feel it in your chest from 30ft away!! It's just raw power! Again, not raspy, just healthy.

Technical Specs:
MBRP "Cool Duals" on '06 Ram w/5.7L Hemi
MBRP XP Series Dual Side-Exit Cat-Back Exhaust
2.5" T-409 stainless steel pipes
3.5" T-309 stainless steel tips

Hope this helps!
~Northern Hemi

prican2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
I had the Flowmasters American Thunder Kit (I believe it was called) on my 4.7 and it sounded awesome.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dont waste the $$ on catback if your not doin headers..Just go muffler of choice..youtube vid will help in makeing your decision