2020 Ram 1500 Classic single exhaust size/options??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reklaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking to upgrade my exhaust to get a bit of a deeper sound, but I'm not sure of the inlet/outlet size for the muffler. I have the single exhaust. I assume it's 3inch and 3 inch but not 100% sure.
Also, will a flowmaster 40 series muffler give me a deeper sound but not too loud and aggressive? Thanks!

OP
OP
R

reklaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look at Magnaflow.
Nice deep tone at WOT, but has excellent manners in town and drone is not bad at higher speeds.
Can I get just a muffler or what do I need? Sorry for the ignorant question.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Absolutely you can & happy to help!

However, a full cat-back system is designed with larger pipes and engineered to all work optimally. But they are more expensive than just a new performance muffler installation.

If you really want to open things up, look at having a custom y-pipe made up. This is a huge choke point for our HEMI trucks where the OEM smashes two 2.5" pipes into a single collector.

You'd need to source an experienced performance exhaust shop that specializes in custom exhaust work ;)

If you just want sound but not too obnoxious, look at a Magnaflow muffler.

OP
OP
R

reklaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Absolutely you can & happy to help!

However, a full cat-back system is designed with larger pipes and engineered to all work optimally. But they are more expensive than just a new performance muffler installation.

If you really want to open things up, look at having a custom y-pipe made up. This is a huge choke point for our HEMI trucks where the OEM smashes two 2.5" pipes into a single collector.

You'd need to source an experienced performance exhaust shop that specializes in custom exhaust work ;)

If you just want sound but not too obnoxious, look at a Magnaflow muffler.
Thanks a lot I really appreciate you!

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was for sound comparison. Was not a recommendation. An exhaust shop can install dang near anything you want.

Opinion, these trucks sound great as is. Longer trips would be exhausting if louder. Pun intended. Ha. Is there a sound difference between the duels vs singles?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not recommend the Flowmaster 40 as it is a chambered exhaust. Chambered exhaust have been proven by a 3rd party to actually lose a little hp. Also the 40 series is aluminized steel which will rust out over time.

I like the MBRP catback for the single out, it sounds very deep and is very reasonably priced for a catback. There is no bolt in muffler kit for your truck so any muffler install will need to be fabbed in.