Aftermarket seat heaters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have any of you installed aftermarket seat heaters in your Ram? My previous Laramie had them, but my new (2018) BigHorn crew cab does not. I do have the center console and front captains chairs. I have the kit, but have not yet installed it.

I've read that it's possible that the wiring is already there for the OEM heaters, and if so I have considered using it to pull my switched 12v power from instead of running a fuse tap to the fuse (I think it's F98) box under the hood. If the wiring is there, does anyone know specifically which harness and wires that I would be looking for?

jszanto322

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l CTD
I am putting in a set of aftermarket seat heaters right now (I am currently doing a seat swap and dropped my new seats at the upholstery shop yesterday to put the pads in, these are simple install and just need power and ground to operate (something that is under the seat now) - I don't have factory seat heat and didnt want to mess with finding modules and wiring and stuff - this kit is super simple plug and play

OP
OP
nlambert182

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yep I installed mine a few weeks back. It was a pretty easy task.

I didn't bother with touching the factory harness. I just ran a new wire from the seat heater fuse under the hood (fuse tap) and then grounded to the dash frame in the console. There's no indication in the truck that anything is not factory except for the heater switches that I mounted on the center console for easy access.

jszanto322

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l CTD
Yep I installed mine a few weeks back. It was a pretty easy task.

I didn't bother with touching the factory harness. I just ran a new wire from the seat heater fuse under the hood (fuse tap) and then grounded to the dash frame in the console. There's no indication in the truck that anything is not factory except for the heater switches that I mounted on the center console for easy access.
any pics of switch mounting - still deciding location on mine

OP
OP
nlambert182

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yep, I posted them in the "What did you do to your truck this week" thread. :)