Air Bag light on after installing new Recirc door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OverKill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hey guys,
I went and installed my new Recirc door today,and now the Air Bag light is on,and I can't get it off.
Here's what I tried so far: Disconnected battery,pulled the 2 air bag fuses (not blown),pulled dash control panel(where your climate controls are) off and rechecked and made sure everything was plugged in(it was). and left the battery disconnected for about a half hour (in hopes it would reset),and checked plugs underneath the seat(in case I bumped them).
Has anyone had this problem? or know how to reset this ?
Thanks in advance ...

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick google search, from an unknown "help me" site...

remove the battery cables and hold the positive and negative cables (WHILE NOT CONNECTED TO BATTERY!!!) together for about 2 minutes. This procedure will reset your vehicles KAM (keep alive memory) and will get rid of check engine/air bag lights as long as everything is connected properly

Aside from this I dont know lol. Maybe one of the guru's will chime in today.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If this does not clear the code, chances are you missed a connection when putting everything back together. Make sure you double check everything you disconnected.
Yeah, I know, you may have to take the dash apart again...

OP
OP
O

OverKill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Yea, i took it apart already and didn't see anything. Gonna do it 1 more time,and check for disconnected wires,and wiggle the ones that are there. Don't understand why,I didn't have no air bag problem beforehand. Theres not much to it,just the glovebox wire(light) , and the connectors to the dash control panel. (cig. lighter,passenger air bag on/off switch,and climate controls).