Diagnosing Air Suspension Leaks - Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wes8398

wes8398

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your vehicle doesn't have built-in safety mechanisms, you might consider periodically unblocking the intake to allow the compressor to draw in fresh air. This way, you can periodically test for leaks without causing excessive strain on the compressor.
These compressors do have built-in safety measures. Overheat errors and auto-off functions. I decided not to block off the intake tube for now anyway... But I'm still tempted.

MSandRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I’ve had three air spring leaks on my truck in the last 3 months. Changed out the right rear last night. Have the left rear waiting to go in at some point. Getting a bit costly….

Right rear was leaking at that top section of the air bag. Both fronts leaking out the bottom shock o-ring because of rust.

Trying to verify the leaks with the bags in the truck is a PITA. For the first air strut I removed it and submerged it in a bucket of water to find the leak.

Attachments

• IMG_6754.jpeg
    IMG_6754.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6753.jpeg
    IMG_6753.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: