Air ride doesn't seem to adjust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sigma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, hopefully this is the most appropriate place to post this...

I have a 2017 Rebel and some time last year I noticed my driver side slouching over an inch lower than the passenger side. By this time all of the info was out that I could run AlfaOBD and change the height settings myself but I decided to let my warranty take a swing at it first.

At the end if the day they couldn't figure out what was going on, and eventually wound up changing the ride height settings to get it "within manufacturer spec" (ie up to 5/8 difference iirc)

So that's kinda lame to me to begin with, but I didn't have to spend a penny, so fine, whatever, at least it wasn't AS bad.

Fast forward to this month and I notice the truck is sagging again on the driver side. Because it was such a pain to deal with the dealership before, I decided to give it a swing myself and got an Obdlink. Now I've been wrestling this for weeks and no matter what changes I make, it doesn't seem to really make a difference in my ride height. I can slam all the corners to 50, or set them all to 60 (I think this is the ceiling, according to the spec sheet posted in another air ride thread, haven't tried higher) and it always reads the same height all around.

On level ground, from the ground to the fender, approximately:
Front left 36.9
Front right 37.75
Rear left 38.8
Rear right 40.15

I know the numbers used to adjust the air springs are meant to be meaured a different way, but this should still be an accurate enough way to tell the truck isn't level, right? You can see it leaning visibly from behind. (I have ensured my driveway is level and measured the truck facing both directions. In every test cycle I change the ride height, measure, cycle through each height settings and remeasure, then go on a 15 min drive through the country, remeasure halfway through at the point where I turn around and again when I get back then AGAIN after about an hour of the truck sitting after the drive, this final set of numbers is also lop sided but slightly lower after it's been off for a while)

I guess what I'm looking for is any advice for what else I should check or anything else I can do to try to fix this myself.

OP
OP
S

Sigma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took this screenshot of the default settings left by the dealer last time I went too, and it seems like maybe the difference might be coming from the calibration offset, but I'm unsure if it's possible to change this or if it's a reading from the ride height sensor itself

Screenshot_20210129-123107_AlfaOBD.jpg

SpaceRanger1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Rebel
Engine
I have the same.. Left front 3/4"... Left Rear 11/4".. I just the OBDLinkM+ and the AlphaOBD software.. I really nee a step by step
on what to do with this truck..
Dealer worked on it and said they would calibrate it knowing it was leaning.. Even they would fix NOCHARGE.. Took it back and
kept for 2 hrs and came back saying they wouldn't do it..
Would love some input please??