Air Suspension troubles...fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob Rusanowsky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Limited
Engine
Hemi Baby
For the last 9 months I have been having problems with my 2017 Ram Limited air suspension. I have taken it to the dealership with no resolution. My problem was while I was driving over an hour in Aero mode, I would get a warning message about the Air suspension cooling please wait..etc. So, for a while I just shut off the Aero mode in the menu and that seemed to help over the summer. Then about 3 weeks ago I again started having issues, where the compressor seemed to be working overtime. I obviously had a leak somewhere but could not find it. I watched numerous YouTube videos, read the forum and asked my Mechanic. I had seen where several owners had converted to a spring/shock set up. With a price tag over $3000 to fix the air suspension, the conversion was a no brainer. I went with a Arnott Air to coil spring conversion kit. It got great recommendations and the price point at just under $700 for the kit and $900 for labor/installation, $1600 was almost half price. Arnott makes a lot of OEM parts for Cadillacs and other luxury cars as well as trucks. I have to say I hardly noticed the difference. So that's either due to my previous system was not working (when it did) up to par, or it's just that good a kit. - Very pleased with my decision. FYI I had a 103,399 miles at the time.
Here is the web site for reference and I purchased from Parts Geek.

Last edited:

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
I did the same on mine but went with airdelete. I got the Bilstein 2.1" kit with 1" taller rear springs. Love it. I will miss the air ride functionality, but it's too costly too replace and too timely to diagnose. Mine left me on the rear bumpstops while on the highway. Not fun.

My installation instructions were a bit different. Instead of unplugging the module underneath the seat and using a bypass, I pulled two fuses for the air ride system and compressor. Then disabled the air ride system with AlfaOBD.

ktaiter3112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the same on mine but went with airdelete. I got the Bilstein 2.1" kit with 1" taller rear springs. Love it. I will miss the air ride functionality, but it's too costly too replace and too timely to diagnose. Mine left me on the rear bumpstops while on the highway. Not fun.

My installation instructions were a bit different. Instead of unplugging the module underneath the seat and using a bypass, I pulled two fuses for the air ride system and compressor. Then disabled the air ride system with AlfaOBD.
Ramulus, Do you have the instructions for the delete? I have the alfaodb already.

Thanks

Ramulus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
Ramulus, Do you have the instructions for the delete? I have the alfaodb already.

Thanks

This is from another site, but these are the instructions I used to disable the air ride system and remove the options from showing up in the radio menu for tire jack mode, aero mode, etc.

You can completely disable everything with AlfaOBD, as if it was never installed. Make these settings changes:
P/T Chassis Net ASCM Air Suspension Control Module- DISABLE
VehConfig 7 ASCM contains suspension- NO
CustSetMenu 1 Tire Jack Mode CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 1 Air Suspension Warning CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2 Transport Mode CSM Present- NO
CustSetMenu 2 Wheel Alignment CSM Present- NO

When you do this and pull 2 air ride fuses, you have a truck that gives you no error codes or warning lights.
Fuse #5: 40A
Fuse #50, 20A

IIRC you will need to connect to the P/T Chassis Net ASCM to disable it, then connect to the BCM to disable the other options. Be sure to pull the fuses after you disable the system. 20A fuse for the ASCM, and 40A fuse for the compressor. I do not have instructions for the mechanical part of the install, but it's really straightforward and there's YT vids showing how to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357