Air Suspension problem 2500 laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lauryf18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Hello, I am writing to you because we have a 2016 ram 2500 laramie.
We have a huge problem with the air suspension, the balloons burst.
We would like to do the conversion to coils. Do you know if the original spring coils will work directly without modification?

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I saw a video where a guy replaced the factory rear air chambers with rear springs on a 2500 as I plan to do this when mine go some day. Do a search, you'll see it. He disconnected the air lines and linkage to rear end, jacked up the rear end, and swapped the rear air chambers with coil springs, and re connected the linkage. Shows him drive it around and he states it rides fine. Like I said, I plan to do when mine go someday.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello, I am writing to you because we have a 2016 ram 2500 laramie.
We have a huge problem with the air suspension, the balloons burst.
We would like to do the conversion to coils. Do you know if the original spring coils will work directly without modification?
Curious what were you doing when the bags burst? Heavy load, etc? You don't read about many issues with the HD air suspension, so curious.

Personally, if I ever had issues with the air suspension in my 2500 that was not covered by warranty, I'd fix it. The air suspension is such a huge plus I'd not want to be w/o it.