Alfa obd reference list?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b1carr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read on a group page on fb that there is a alfa obd bible or reference posted or pinned on here somewhere. Said theres maybe close to 1k lists of popular things done on these 4th gens using alfa obd. Anyone able to point me to this so called alfa obd bible On here? TIA.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone really needs to update that, as I don't think it has been modified in years at this point.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone really needs to update that, as I don't think it has been modified in years at this point.
I don't remember who owns that gdrive doc now. I just requested edit access so I can mess with it.

The original poster is long gone as he sold his ram years ago, but I was there at the beginning when he first made the page. At one point I believe that a former Admin here owned it but I am not sure.

I think the key term there is that, "someone" needs to update it. Maybe this is a project we can work on together as a forum going forward. If I gain access, I will move everything over to a site owned Gdrive account so we can ensure it's continuity.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't remember who owns that gdrive doc now. I just requested edit access so I can mess with it.

The original poster is long gone as he sold his ram years ago, but I was there at the beginning when he first made the page. At one point I believe that a former Admin here owned it but I am not sure.

I think the key term there is that, "someone" needs to update it. Maybe this is a project we can work on together as a forum going forward. If I gain access, I will move everything over to a site owned Gdrive account so we can ensure it's continuity.
I requested access a while ago I think, and still show it as "request access", so I doubt the OG poster still cares about it.

Would probably be better to just make a new one.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Easy to just look at the list you download using AlfaOBD to see what is there. I converted mine to a PDF so I can search with Adobe Pro.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Easy to just look at the list you download using AlfaOBD to see what is there. I converted mine to a PDF so I can search with Adobe Pro.
You mean the body computer file? It's a CSV.

If you mean the document G-Ride and I are referring to, that is the list of CONFIRMED functions that ACTUALLY work, and steps to change features as we install/delete.

For example, we know there is a "global up" SETTING for the windows, but it doesn't do anything. So downloading the list from the program would indicate it exists, but not if it works, or what other settings we might need to turn on for it to work.

Or like with the trailer controllers, my 2018 does NOT have the full menu on the premium EVIC, a couple of the trailer settings are on the 8.4" uConnect.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, when I downloaded the config file, I did it in Windows 10 on my laptop and it saved as a text file. Then just converted it to PDF. The search function in Adobe Pro allowed me to find those"other" settings to make the trailer brake and light settings work pretty easy to find and obvious.

I used as a ref to look to see what "possibly" could work. Tried a couple of different items to see "what would happen" and some did. Keeping in mind, that there a ton of things in there that should not be touched, but common sense prevailed, luckily.

I did the OEM trailer brake controller, adding gauges to the EVIC display, turned on the trailer lights availability at the trailer light 7 pin, DRL option, LED head and fog light conversions, fog light auto dip lockout, auto headlight hi beam dip, turned on hill start assist, radio on/off softkey option, gear display on the EVIC, nav system speed warning option. Didn't try stuff like the "Red Key", "Maserati" or any Hi Perf / Hellcat stuff, obviously.

The 2016 has the trailer settings on the 8.4", also. EVIC is just display for it.

This file is for my 2016 Sport

Attachments

• Car configuration change - LOG -1.pdf
    196.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: