Alfaobd help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amcspadden93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
New here!

I recently replaced a bad Rfh module in my 2013. The original key for the truck has been damaged and does not work at all. So when I try to program new fobiks in alfaobd it tells me that the transfer of the secret key has failed and to try procedure again. Does anyone know what I can do to program new fobiks to my truck without having the original key?

DutchRamRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You do not need to transfer the secret key. ( this is to reprogram immo components, to match, like your lock, and pcm )

Read the vehicle pin, and use it, in the keyprogramming menu.

There is no need to have a working key, just press the hazard lights, to wake up the system.

-------------------------------------------------------
How do you know, the key is broken, and not your ignition lock, or powerfeed to it?
You scanned the vehicle? You could try to scan atleast the bcm will respond, perhaps also the ignition lock.

OP
OP
A

Amcspadden93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The original key will not work at all. It went through the washer and dryer and worked for about a month after. I’ve changed the battery inside a few different tines just to be sure that wasn’t the problem. Brand new battery in the truck as well. Yes I have scanned the system and it showed two codes which were U103C (error with KIN/IGNM communication) and B1A24 (key not programmed). I have tried to use the key programming for the baseline system and that’s where it gives the error message saying it can’t transfer the secret key. The reason I’m trying to program the key is to get the new rf hub to program because it won’t do it without programmed fobiks. At least that is what the messages say in Alfaobd.

Last edited: