Alfaobd limp mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok i am stuck been stuck on this issue for a while I have a very heavily modified 2016 ram rebel with a 6.4 426 stocker long story short is after the swap i cant get the air lift suspension to work i go in the alfaobd to fix the suspension but when i start any thing on the suspension setting is says limp home Status active and i cant for the love of me figure this out there is only 4 engine lights and they are to deal with the o2s which i cant see is related because the same goes was on the old 5.7 when i was racing then. So I don’t know if it is something i did or not but I need help because the truck is on the ground and it wont raise up. Any advices helps thanks

Also under engine limp home is no

Attachments

• IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are instructions on this site on how to adjust your ride height using Alpha - and in those instructions, it explains how to get your RAM out of the Ride Height Limp mode. At the moment though, it looks like the site's search feature is acting up. Hopefully it'll be back up shortly. I'll dig a little and see what I can find.

Edit: Here's what to check for your 2016 YM RAM:
Make sure you do this with the engine running:
1) Go into the Active Diagnostics just like you did
2) Make sure you do a ride height calibration check!
3) Take the truck out of Plant Calibration mode
4) Shut the truck off for about 15 minutes and walk away
5) Go back, turn the truck to RUN but do not start it.
6) Clear your Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
7) Turn the truck off and walk away again for about 15 minutes.
8) Go back and check and see if your situation is resolved.

As I'm at work I can't really go out to my truck and grab screen shots of what you need to do - but if you still can't get it working, just post up here. I'll respond back in that case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ramrebel426

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have search everywhere only thing i come close to is someone talks about limp mode on a diesel which mine is not. They were talking about resetting DPF which I don’t have

OP
OP
Ramrebel426

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are instructions on this site on how to adjust your ride height using Alpha - and in those instructions, it explains how to get your RAM out of the Ride Height Limp mode. At the moment though, it looks like the site's search feature is acting up. Hopefully it'll be back up shortly. I'll dig a little and see what I can find.

As I'm at work I can't really go out to my truck and grab screen shots of what you need to do - but if you still can't get it working, just post up here. I'll respond back in that case.
Perfect i will try this tonight and let you know i have tired everything but this maybe it work. I know the last few times i did hcc it says limp home status, active

OP
OP
Ramrebel426

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Neg that didn't work

1000015718.png

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Check this post for some clues about Limp Home mode.

OP
OP
Ramrebel426

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check this post for some clues about Limp Home mode.

Post in thread 'Air suspension problems!'
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/air-suspension-problems.193539/post-2740921.

Thanks but i did all this and still in limp mode

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah... looks like you're gonna need to take it to the dealer to get that fixed then... This happened after the engine swap? Only thing I can think of is you have some sort of leak or damaged an Air Suspension hose. Can you do any sort of adjustments to the AS? If the truck will raise/lower then the issue must be the ASCM, but if it won't respond when you try to program it, somethings wrong with the actual AS.

OP
OP
Ramrebel426

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah... looks like you're gonna need to take it to the dealer to get that fixed then... This happened after the engine swap? Only thing I can think of is you have some sort of leak or damaged an Air Suspension hose. Can you do any sort of adjustments to the AS? If the truck will raise/lower then the issue must be the ASCM, but if it won't respond when you try to program it, somethings wrong with the actual AS.
My stepson stepped on top of the front airbag and broke the 90° adapter. I bought a new one and installed it. Add nitrogen back to the system and went through the whole process deal but I missed a valuable step. When I did the programming I did a programming on off-road one when I should have done it on off road too because I have a rebel edition. So the symptom that I was seeing was it would never go into off-road mode and normal height was off-road for me when a week or two later I went back into the settings to refix this setting. This is when it went into limp mode. I had it working but not anymore. I have to talking to one of the guys. I'm wondering did I leak nitrogen back out but if I had it would have told me low air mass because someone else said that in order to get out of that mode they removed all the air, pulled the vacuum and recharge back with nitrogen and that took him out of lint mode. I do not see how the hell that takes you out of limp mode but I've seen weird as **** in my time.

OP
OP
Ramrebel426

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update

Ok I was able to get the truck to raise up
If I was in ACC and not Run it would let me temporarily bypass limp by letting me fill springs from the reservoir so I could get it off ground but on ACC and some of the settings limp home would still pop up. I think this is from the abs a few of the wheel sensor are not reading causing the abs/ traction control light and break light to all be on. I think this is the cause of the limp home I am going to spend the next week or so trying to see if I can fix this. Issue. Then I should be back on the road full time again.

OP
OP
Ramrebel426

Ramrebel426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Won't run hight check because it says limp home activated