AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the tips. I'll have to figure out which way I want to go. The vendor and manufacturer both say this is a plug and play application.

Look at page 356 here post 3551 and down

I make no guarantees this will work lol

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Am on a quest guys and hoping for some help. I have made quite a few changes and all have been successful thanks to all of you however, I would like to change my gear ratio in the BCM. I have a 2014 1500 4x4 and got a good deal on a 3.92 front axle. Changed the rears and both front and rear perform flawlessly but would like to change it in the BCM. Spoke to the dealer and they state the last year they could change was a 2011 so I am out of luck there. Digging through the options I don't see where to do this. I reviewed the shared BCMs and do see under vehicle config 4 the ratio is listed however I just cannot find where to modify it. Any help would be appreciated and thanks again for all of you that pioneered this thread and also those that contributed. Been around awhile just never felt like I had anything I needed to comment nor to share, until now that is.

Last edited:

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone tell me how to make evic display this door opening prompt? My evic only has the red icon in the lower left corner. Thank you in advance."Door alert Enable" and "Door alert Present" can only cause the hazard warning light to flash, no other effect.

Screenshot_20181227-135327_YouTube.jpg

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am on a quest guys and hoping for some help. I have made quite a few changes and all have been successful thanks to all of you however, I would like to change my gear ratio in the BCM. I have a 2014 1500 4x4 and got a good deal on a 3.92 front axle. Changed the rears and both front and rear perform flawlessly but would like to change it in the BCM. Spoke to the dealer and they state the last year they could change was a 2011 so I am out of luck there. Digging through the options I don't see where to do this. I reviewed the shared BCMs and do see under vehicle config 4 the ratio is listed however I just cannot find where to modify it. Any help would be appreciated and thanks again for all of you that pioneered this thread and also those that contributed. Been around awhile just never felt like I had anything I needed to comment nor to share, until now that is.
According to my BCM config, it should be located in Vehicle Config 4 but it is not showing when connected to my truck. I can email dev and see if this was removed or ever there. Could have possibly been locked out I suppose.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone tell me how to make evic display this door opening prompt? My evic only has the red icon in the lower left corner. Thank you in advance."Door alert Enable" and "Door alert Present" can only cause the hazard warning light to flash, no other effect.

View attachment 150259
The little red truck with door alert should only be when the truck is unlocked with key out of ignition. The image you posted is when the key is on in ignition.

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The little red truck with door alert should only be when the truck is unlocked with key out of ignition. The image you posted is when the key is on in ignition.
Thank you for your reply. My car will not have this image in any state, only the red car. If the door is not closed and I'm driving with a little red icon and no sound, what I want it to do is show me that the door is not completely closed. My family often can't close the doors completely.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for your reply. My car will not have this image in any state, only the red car. If the door is not closed and I'm driving with a little red icon and no sound, what I want it to do is show me that the door is not completely closed. My family often can't close the doors completely.

That's weird, I did the premium EVIC upgrade and mine just automatically shows the picture of the truck with the door open on it???

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sounds like a setting might have been changed by accident. Have you been able to look at your original config to see the differences in settings? Or maybe upload to your drive and we can take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's weird, I did the premium EVIC upgrade and mine just automatically shows the picture of the truck with the door open on it???
Yes, I opened the door, only the red car showed the status, even if the car did not close the door and started driving without any hint. My evic is from the original factory.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
the big question now--- tablet install, or cell phone? or can I do both?

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a setting might have been changed by accident. Have you been able to look at your original config to see the differences in settings? Or maybe upload to your drive and we can take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My truck has never had this alert. My English ability is really limited, so I only compared the relevant settings about "door" or "alert". My truck is in European specifications. I don't know if I can change this setting by modifying it to the US. Has anyone changed the country? I saw the warning on changing the country in alfa and didn't have the courage to proceed to the next step. My initial configuration is here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cTrhacsiPBSLYcYUrOOoGUW3Ox8DkQl4/view?usp=sharing
I hope you can help me check where the problem is, especially thanks. At first I didn't know the reminder function. I saw the pictures sent in the local forum. But Chinese car owners don't understand the difference in configuration. As far as I know, China's ram has European specifications, and American specifications have Canadian specifications.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I think the phone is the most convenient because I can change any configuration at any time.

that was my thought too, since I always have my phone with me. I don't always have my obd reader with though

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck has never had this alert. My English ability is really limited, so I only compared the relevant settings about "door" or "alert". My truck is in European specifications. I don't know if I can change this setting by modifying it to the US. Has anyone changed the country? I saw the warning on changing the country in alfa and didn't have the courage to proceed to the next step. My initial configuration is here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cTrhacsiPBSLYcYUrOOoGUW3Ox8DkQl4/view?usp=sharing
I hope you can help me check where the problem is, especially thanks. At first I didn't know the reminder function. I saw the pictures sent in the local forum. But Chinese car owners don't understand the difference in configuration. As far as I know, China's ram has European specifications, and American specifications have Canadian specifications.

Ok, the only thing that stands out on being different in searching "alert, remind/er, door" is the following.

My config:
LIN and Miscellaneous Configuration:
Alert on no Reply: Not set
Alert On System Fault: Not set
Alert On Search Timeout: Not set

Your config shows all three of the above as being set. Yours is a different trim level than mine though.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Quick heads up, the MX scanner is on a lightning deal on Amazon right now for $58

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for this. I just ordered & received mine last week. This is one of the things I hate about Amazon, you can't just contact the seller directly and Amazon doesn't have a price guarantee. I did a search on that and it brings up some vague policies. I did send the seller a message requesting the price adjustment since it's the same seller offering the sale but it said they have 2 days to respond & this was up in about an hour so I bought another and will return the higher priced purchase.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for this. I just ordered & received mine last week. This is one of the things I hate about Amazon, you can't just contact the seller directly and Amazon doesn't have a price guarantee. I did a search on that and it brings up some vague policies. I did send the seller a message requesting the price adjustment since it's the same seller offering the sale but it said they have 2 days to respond & this was up in about an hour so I bought another and will return the higher priced purchase.

Same here I just bought one last week and then bam.. ordered another one and I’ll return the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, I opened the door, only the red car showed the status, even if the car did not close the door and started driving without any hint. My evic is from the original factory.

I tested mine and without the key in the ignition I only get the Red Symbol on my EVIC, the only time I get the picture of the truck with the door open warning is key in the "on" or "truck running" positions.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Looking for a little help here 2014 ram 1500 express...I got the Bluetooth odbII (ELM 327)paired it to my tablet started Alfaobd but cannot get it to connect to the body computer... this is the exact error I get when trying to connect

“ Failed!
Interface message: CAN ERROR Connect failed. Verify that key is in MAR and check wiring. Try to turn key to Stop then to MAR and repeat connect.”

Been trying now for about an hour with zero success...