AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am extatic tonight. Yesterday, I tried installing my ITBC. I tried installing the metal bracket without removing the panel below the steering wheel. Got one started, and lost one. Had a little time today, so I tried again, but followed directions a little better. Got hardware installed, and then realized I was out of time. Wanting to activate it, I looked through alfaobd, and spent way too much time and could not find the three settings I needed to activate. Gave up and went to get the trailer and went on about my business for the evening. Of course no trailer brakes, but, oddly, when moving the slider, it activated the brakes slightly. On the way home several hours later, I stopped to get mcMcDonald for my daughters, and looked again. Found them all three togttoge and activated. Just a few short minutes later, I returned, and when I started the truck, it announced that the tetrailwas there. I was able to view the settings, name the trailer, and such. Drove the rest of the way home, and had properly working trailer brakes! I was told anywhere from $400 to $800 to add this at the dealer. I bought the hardware for $200, software for $49, and the bypass cable for $50. All good investments. All paid for itself now, and I can add same to my son's new 18 he just bought, and activate the remote start I got my wife for her 200 for chrChrist, and hopefully add remote start to my truck too. So many opportunities now.!!!

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought the app today and playing with it I to have a manual entry for tire size but it wouldn't let me change it. I also tried turning on drl which it said it changed to enabled but nothing is showing up in any menu. Am I missing something? I seen someone post a picture that it added the option in the setting menu

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights)
DRL Configuration
Select “Optional DRL”
DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light
Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.
DRL Dropout Enabled
Select “yes”
DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable
Select “yes”
Daytime Running Lights CSM
Select “yes”
I copied this from a document from this thread entitled "AlfaOBD Known Working Settings" .I did these steps a couple of days ago and got mine to activate, and give me the option to turn on and off in the radio (RA2 I believe). Looking again, where this says "optional DRL" I think I had several options such as Europe, Canada, maybe optional was there too. But I'm fairly certain that if Canadian is chosen, it can't been iser selected. Hope this helps.

DarkShadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Read through 4200+ posts in the last 2 days.... :boxed: Where's my certificate of completion?

Got DRLs, Fogs with High Beams, Window Global Down, and AUX controls showing on the 8.4 screen so far with no issues.
Big thank you to everyone who has posted findings here. AlfaOBD is an outstanding tool.

On what screen do the Aux switches show up on?

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I made the setting s a few days ago, but I tried to get tilt in reverse and auto power-fold to work. I don't have the chrome mirrors I apparently need for tilt, and don't have memory seats so I also don't get auto power-fold to work. Darn. I really like the idea of the auto power-fold. The options are in the menu, but they un-check themselves right away if I set them.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made the setting s a few days ago, but I tried to get tilt in reverse and auto power-fold to work. I don't have the chrome mirrors I apparently need for tilt, and don't have memory seats so I also don't get auto power-fold to work. Darn. I really like the idea of the auto power-fold. The options are in the menu, but they un-check themselves right away if I set them.
You are correct. You will need the correct mirrors for the tilt in reverse to work. The correct mirrors will have more than four wires in the white mirror connector. If the tilt in reverse is unchecking itself the tilt in reverse won't work even with the correct mirrors. My truck is a 14 and it does the same thing. I had the correct mirrors and the Tilt In Reverse unchecks itself when selected. The auto fold in park feature is there to set with the tool but we have not been able to get it to work even in the trucks with memory seats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Auto power fold does not seem to apply toour trucks. I dont think anyone has ever got it working, nor were RAMs ever sold with it.

DarkShadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Auto power fold does not seem to apply toour trucks. I dont think anyone has ever got it working, nor were RAMs ever sold with it.
Yes it was like a $2000 option for the power folding towing mirror. I upgraded mine for 1AAuto. Exactly like the factory mirrors but a whole lot cheaper and they work. I have not been able to get the fold on power off feature working.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it was like a $2000 option for the power folding towing mirror. I upgraded mine for 1AAuto. Exactly like the factory mirrors but a whole lot cheaper and they work. I have not been able to get the fold on power off feature working.
Exactly what he said. The power fold mirrors has been an option on the Rams for a while but only on non tow mirrors. They started offering the power fold option with the tow mirrors later. Non of the Rams came with the auto fold or (Fold In Park) option. The setting is there with the tool because it's in the Chrysler BCM for other Chrysler vehicles. Several people have enabled the code but to this point to the best of my knowledge no one has been able to get it to work in a Ram.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Truck has these two codes randomly. Anyone have any past experiences or thoughts resulting in the codes? Only reason I noticed is because I can't stop messing with the truck and I'm always looking through the Alpha app and checking for codes after the big mess I made with changes months ago. Also my vents under my middle seat center console do not blow any air on any HVAC setting. I seen someone said they did some kind of recalibration for their rear vents and it fixed their problem but I'm not sure if they were referring to the same vents and if so I cannot find under the Alpha app where to do the test.

The U0140 may be the issue covered by the TSB below. I had the dealer flash mine under warranty to fix it last year when I first bought the truck.

-K

June 18, 2016 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: 18-072-16
Components: POWER TRAIN, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

NHTSA ID Number: 10080307

Manufacturer Communication Number: 18-072-16

Summary

"FLASH: POWERTRAIN DIAGNOSTIC AND SYSTEM ENHANCEMENTS

THIS BULLETIN INVOLVES REPROGRAMMING THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) WITH THE LATEST AVAILABLE SOFTWARE.

THE FOLLOWING POWERTRAIN SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS/ENHANCEMENTS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE. THESE ENHANCEMENTS ARE LISTED BY VEHICLE APPLICATION.

DS VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 5.7L ENGINE (SALES CODE EZH).

· **U0140 - LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE (ATTEMPTING TO CLEAR THIS DTC WILL BE UNSUCCESSFUL).

· ASD RELAY ENHANCEMENTS TO IMPROVE FUEL PUMP RELAY INITIALIZATION AT KEY ON - (AUTO SHUTDOWN).**

· SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS TO PREVENT MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATION WITH A DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P0300 - MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE WHEN USING A BLOCK HEATER IN AMBIENT TEMPERATURES GREATER THAN -29°C (-20°F).

· ENHANCED AUTOMATIC OIL CHANGE INDICATOR (EAOCI) SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS TO SWITCH TO A SEVERE DUTY CYCLE ALGORITHM ANYTIME THE PCM IS REPLACED TO ENSURE THE CUSTOMER RECEIVES A TIMELY OIL CHANGE REQUIRED MESSAGE.

· CORRECTED A GENERIC SCAN TOOL DISPLAY ISSUE REGARDING MODE 6 DATA ACCURACY.

67Guzzler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
@67Guzzler Most changes you make with Alfa are stored in the BCM. To revert back, simply go to the settings you changed and change it back to the stock configuration. If you haven't already, take a look at the OP on linking your Google Drive account to Alfa and getting your stock BCM configuration uploaded to your Drive. This will come very helpful when troubleshooting.

Thank you! I've had some success now that I've gotten the hang of it. I received my pin early yesterday afternoon and I do the RF-HUB doing a reset / replace even when unnecessary and I've since had good luck. I've done DRL, adjusted the Heavy Duty tire thresholds down from 60/80 to 35 all the way around, set the rear license plate to LED's (no bulb out warnings and it's not cycling anymore when looking at it through a photo / light sensor), etc... Very impressed with this APP and it's power!!! Grateful for this thread too.

-Guzzler

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Exactly what he said. The power fold mirrors has been an option on the Rams for a while but only on non tow mirrors. They started offering the power fold option with the tow mirrors later. Non of the Rams came with the auto fold or (Fold In Park) option. The setting is there with the tool because it's in the Chrysler BCM for other Chrysler vehicles. Several people have enabled the code but to this point to the best of my knowledge no one has been able to get it to work in a Ram.

I have the power fold from the factory. I was hoping to enable fold on power off or when locking the doors. My wife's explorer does that.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the power fold from the factory. I was hoping to enable fold on power off or when locking the doors. My wife's explorer does that.

It's been pretty well concluded by multiple testers that autofold is not possible on our trucks, at least not without 3rd party hardware. One of the new Tazer products claims to do it, but you have to leave the device plugged into your OBD port all of the time for it to work. (And it's expensive!)

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-ram/

-K

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
M2mods is usually very good about returning messages and getting people set up. Not sure what would be going on there. Hopefully they will see your post and get a hold of you.

Last I saw he was not taking any new orders until late this month or until he gets caught up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last I saw he was not taking any new orders until late this month or until he gets caught up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know they have been super busy with their full time jobs and deereguy is not taking orders at this time but I believe he stated he was still taking orders for the bypass cable which is what rock$tar was inquiring about. Either way they are usually good at responding to messages. Before these guys decided to start building harnesses to help out the forum we had to build our own which can be intimidating for some people. We are definitely very lucky to have M2mods to build these for us and I for one truly appreciate what they do for us.

LabRatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
On what screen do the Aux switches show up on?

I got them to show up on the 8.4 radio screen if you go through the Settings Menu, not in the EVIC. Still trying to get all 5 to show, my truck seems to like long naps before a change pushes through.

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need some android help.

I’m looking for the cheapest option that will allow me to run this Alfa program AND connect to android auto on my UAQ.

I picked up a galaxy tab A and it says it doesn’t support android auto app. Do I need the app? With my iPhone, I just connect the cable and it works...thought I could do the same with the galaxy tab.

I usually leave an old iPhone in the center console and hotspot it when I get in. Lately the iPhone has been giving me troubles so I was hoping to kill 2 birds with the 1 stone.

Thanks

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I picked up a galaxy tab A and it says it doesn’t support android auto app. Do I need the app? With my iPhone, I just connect the cable and it works...thought I could do the same with the galaxy tab.

Don't quote me but I think Android auto needs a data connection (cell service) to work so a stand alone tablet won't work for android auto. Would be kind of useless anyway without a data connection. Should work fine with AlfaOBD though