AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I don’t think bi xenon should be turned on if you have factory projectors with HID kit. Secondly, I had a similar issue on the passenger light, turned out to be a bad igniter.

The "Bi Xenon Headlamps Enable:" is set to yes if you have projectors from the factory. I was under the impression that it controlled whether or not the truck tries to activate/deactivate the shutters in the low beam. I don't have a HID kit, but is there a reason to not have it do so if you do?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Random BCM perusal thought/question..

Anyone know what this setting would actually do, on any vehicle, not just our trucks?

Vehicle Config 2:
Full Size Spare: Not set

The only thing I can think of it to let the UConnect assistance people know what to tell Roadside Assistance to expect.

Or possibly tell the TPMS system to expect a 5th reading from the spare?

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The "Bi Xenon Headlamps Enable:" is set to yes if you have projectors from the factory. I was under the impression that it controlled whether or not the truck tries to activate/deactivate the shutters in the low beam. I don't have a HID kit, but is there a reason to not have it do so if you do?
Correct. Bi-xenon needs to be enabled for factory projectors. This lets the bcm know their is a shutter in the projector. Then the high beam shutter usage under CBC I/O activates it.

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t think bi xenon should be turned on if you have factory projectors with HID kit. Secondly, I had a similar issue on the passenger light, turned out to be a bad igniter.
My factory headlights have lenses,but not have HID. I think my HID kit is not bad. Because of the resistor used before. I feel unsafe, so remove the resistor with afabod. I found an interesting phenomenon, that is, the low beam lights in the daytime will also turn on with when flashing lights . before only the high beam.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct. Bi-xenon needs to be enabled for factory projectors. This lets the bcm know their is a shutter in the projector. Then the high beam shutter usage under CBC I/O activates it.
Damn I was almost positive the wires for the shutter come off the high beam light inside the housing and not on their own circuit, I’ll have to check a wiring diagram, I believe the bi xenon setting is for vehicles that utilize only a single projector for both high and low beam but since the ram projector utilized a second bulb for high beam that the high beam circuit activated the shutter.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My factory headlights have lenses,but not have HID. I think my HID kit is not bad. Because of the resistor used before. I feel unsafe, so remove the resistor with afabod. I found an interesting phenomenon, that is, the low beam lights in the daytime will also turn on with when flashing lights . before only the high beam.
The projector lense does both high and low beam, you also have a high beam bulb so when you flash the high beam the projector and the high beam bulb will come on. A good test to find out if the igniter is causing your issue is, when you have the issue that one of the hid don’t fire try using your fob to quickly lock and unlock your doors, this will turn the low beams on and off quickly. If the problem light suddenly comes on then it’s probably an igniter. This isn’t a definitive test but I found when I was having that same issue on my passenger light, if I turned it on and off 3-4 times the light would fire. I replaced the igniter and have not had the problem since.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Success!

I used:

CBC Features - DRL Dropout Enabled

To keep the DRL's on, when I use the blinker. The car originally defeated the DRL, on the side with the active turn signal.

This condition looks kind if weird, to me, so I did some digging and selected NO, to the above status.

Sure enough... full time DRL's, with signal.

This is on a 2015 Hellcat Charger, so all other DRL options are set. Just needed to change one setting.

The many DRL posts, plus the Page 1 DRL configuration guide, really helped. Thanks for all the info, guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Damn I was almost positive the wires for the shutter come off the high beam light inside the housing and not on their own circuit, I’ll have to check a wiring diagram, I believe the bi xenon setting is for vehicles that utilize only a single projector for both high and low beam but since the ram projector utilized a second bulb for high beam that the high beam circuit activated the shutter.
That’s what I thought at first. I have a factory quad truck. When I installed tyc projectors, I used the actual correct front end harness from a factory equipped projector truck, and added all the missing wires from the BCM to the front end connector. The shutter has its own dedicated wire (high beam relay control). I had to enable a total of 5 settings with the alfa just to get that shutter to drop, one of them being bi-xenon. The only time the high beam driver is used to activate the shutter is on a quad to projector conversion harness that you would by from retro shop or others.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what I thought at first. I have a factory quad truck. When I installed tyc projectors, I used the actual correct front end harness from a factory equipped projector truck, and added all the missing wires from the BCM to the front end connector. The shutter has its own dedicated wire (high beam relay control). I had to enable a total of 5 settings with the alfa just to get that shutter to drop, one of them being bi-xenon. The only time the high beam driver is used to activate the shutter is on a quad to projector conversion harness that you would by from retro shop or others.
Gotcha, I was going by memory since it’s been a while since I had the lights out but damn I was sure those shutter wires pigtailed right off the high beam light inside the housing itself.

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
I have 2014 with RA2 5" screen. Asking for detailed help with activating Rear View Camera (tailgate handle camera). I do NOT have the camera physically connected yet.

I found and activated all the entries in AlfaOBD, except I could not find "Trailer Hitch Camera". I shut key OFF, waited till gauges went out, started the truck, put it into reverse, nothing changed on the radio display? And do not see any buttons on the screen to make camera work?

Will it work without the camera connected?
Do I have to wait some amount of time before testing?
Is Trailer Hitch Camera required for this to work? If so, where EXACTLY is this setting in AlfaOBD?

EDIT:
Waited 30 minutes and it's working! Options in the radio show up, and blue screen on the radio when in reverse (no camera yet).

Last edited:

onkyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone have any idea about changing the number of blinks that the intermediate blinker blinks?

Trail Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Every time I try to reset the RF hub I get this message (pic). I have tried changing all the things listed, but no dice... I have a 2018 2500. Does anyone have any experience with this issue and know how to get past this? Yes I have the 4 digit pin, I get this message with it in the box, I just cleared it for the screenshot. Also, as you can see in the pic, it is showing that I'm connected to the RF hub, so I'm not understanding why I get this message. Yes, I do have the security bypass. My Tazer works without issues.
Screenshot_20190330-233031_AlfaOBD.jpg

Last edited:

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Every time I try to reset the RF hub I get this message (pic). I have tried changing all the things listed, but no dice... I have a 2018 2500. Does anyone have any experience with this issue and know how to get past this? Yes I have the 4 digit pin, I get this message with it in the box, I just cleared it for the screenshot. Also, as you can see in the pic, it is showing that I'm connected to the RF hub, so I'm not understanding why I get this message.
View attachment 161068
Do you have the Security bypass harness? 2018's require it....

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Every time I try to reset the RF hub I get this message (pic). I have tried changing all the things listed, but no dice... I have a 2018 2500. Does anyone have any experience with this issue and know how to get past this? Yes I have the 4 digit pin, I get this message with it in the box, I just cleared it for the screenshot. Also, as you can see in the pic, it is showing that I'm connected to the RF hub, so I'm not understanding why I get this message. Yes, I do have the security bypass. My Tazer works without issues.
View attachment 161068

What obd2 reader are you using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Ok dumb question after scrolling the search bar for an hour.. The rf hub pin number I'm guessing that we have to get it from a dealer only and our system can not acquire it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok dumb question after scrolling the search bar for an hour.. The rf hub pin number I'm guessing that we have to get it from a dealer only and our system can not acquire it.

You can get it from the dealer. It should be free but some dealers are charging for it. If they are asking anything for it you can try and tell them it technically belongs to you since you own the truck and it's part of the truck. If they still want to charge you a "service" fee for accessing it and it's over $15 there is a app called Chrysler pin puller that you have to buy tokens to use but only cost $15 to use and a handful have used it to get there pin. Not exactly sure how it works. But I believe that the pin is stored in the rf hub but alphaobd doesn’t currently have the ability to access it right now

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
You can get it from the dealer. It should be free but some dealers are charging for it. If they are asking anything for it you can try and tell them it technically belongs to you since you own the truck and it's part of the truck. If they still want to charge you a "service" fee for accessing it and it's over $15 there is a app called Chrysler pin puller that you have to buy tokens to use but only cost $15 to use and a handful have used it to get there pin. Not exactly sure how it works. But I believe that the pin is stored in the rf hub but alphaobd doesn’t currently have the ability to access it right now

Yeah my dealer wanted 65 dollars to tell me my pin and 2 other trucks. I have 20 trucks wanting the tpms lowered was why I wanted to see how I could get them myself.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yeah my dealer wanted 65 dollars to tell me my pin and 2 other trucks. I have 20 trucks wanting the tpms lowered was why I wanted to see how I could get them myself.

You can always try other dealers.