AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peacock0344

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/1997/2013
Engine
5.9/6.7
Has anyone here used Alpha to enable HID's when they retrofitted projectors and later switch to a 7" evic and now a bulb out/parking light out message in the Evic? Truck is a 2013 3500 and I changed mileage/idle/hrs successfully but the dang bulb out message showed up and wasnt there with the 3" version that came on my truck. I read through this thread looking for an answer and I saw somewhere where a gentleman changed the voltage to the low beam through alpha but I wanted to make sure before I started changing things that i dont fully understand. Read here where it could be due to sub-par HID kit but mine is a brand new Morimoto D2S/XB55 ballast and strikers. Didnt know if messages were stored and i needed to unhook both batteries for 30m min to clear the messages or what. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Has anyone here used Alpha to enable HID's when they retrofitted projectors and later switch to a 7" evic and now a bulb out/parking light out message in the Evic? Truck is a 2013 3500 and I changed mileage/idle/hrs successfully but the dang bulb out message showed up and wasnt there with the 3" version that came on my truck.
Aside from changing the headlights to High Intensity Discharge lighting, you also have to set the front turn signals and parking lights to LEDs
here's a video on the turn signal/running light change: @big daddys house is a member and has several great videos on using AlfaOBD. Be sure to use his trademark 5 min timer...it's the key to successful changes. :-D

yerfttam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hi Everyone-
Hoping someone can help.

2013 2500 with the 6.7

I am trying to turn off the TPMS and turn on the TPIS, like the 3500’s.

I set Base TPMS and Premium TPMS to “no.”

I set Non-Regulated TPIS to “yes.”

I then used my pin to reset the RF Hub.

In the EVIC, the “Service TPMS” message goes away and I can no longer see tire pressures in the menus.

All that’s fine and good........but the stupid flat tire light is still on.

Anyone have any ideas?

I’ve had success doing things like leaving the fogs on with the brights and setting my tire size.....just can’t crack this one.

I greatly appreciate any ideas.

Thank You!!!

RockyAEV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If all you want to do is add a camera, you can run the cables and mount a flush mount rearview camera really anywhere. Mine is in the third brake light. Then buy one of @Mpgrimm2 's front/cargo camera harnesses for $20 shipped. You should be able to do it all for $40...$50 if you add another camera and switch them manually when needed.
2d23d29344040331d8ef2aaecd2c0314.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Boom! That’s what I want....do you have a link to the cables and camera that you used? I like it!

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

W4ZWA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic
Engine
5.7L
If all you want to do is add a camera, you can run the cables and mount a flush mount rearview camera really anywhere. Mine is in the third brake light. Then buy one of @Mpgrimm2 's front/cargo camera harnesses for $20 shipped. You should be able to do it all for $40...$50 if you add another camera and switch them manually when needed.
2d23d29344040331d8ef2aaecd2c0314.jpg

One would assume one of the higher end radios are required for this? I have the fairly basis smaller screen radio with Sirius and back up camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacock0344

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/1997/2013
Engine
5.9/6.7
Aside from changing the headlights to High Intensity Discharge lighting, you also have to set the front turn signals and parking lights to LEDs
here's a video on the turn signal/running light change: @big daddys house is a member and has several great videos on using AlfaOBD. Be sure to use his trademark 5 min timer...it's the key to successful changes. :-D
I have both LED parking and turns both already set, i even checked the log to see what was enabled and they both are. Ive changed almost everything I can think of in Alpha to cure the bulb out problem with no avail. I dont have a CEL or it doesnt keep coming on while driving just at startup and when you scroll to messages its there

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I have both LED parking and turns both already set, i even checked the log to see what was enabled and they both are. Ive changed almost everything I can think of in Alpha to cure the bulb out problem with no avail. I dont have a CEL or it doesnt keep coming on while driving just at startup and when you scroll to messages its there

Does the error pop up on startup and display on the cluster or is it only stored in the messages in the cluster? Have you enabled VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge? Did your truck come with projectors from the factory?

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
One would assume one of the higher end radios are required for this? I have the fairly basis smaller screen radio with Sirius and back up camera.

I'm not sure if the newer RA2 radios (I believe that's what you have) is capable of showing a secondary cargo camera with a soft button. @Mpgrimm2 might know the answer to that though.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If anyone can share wiring harness info from Service manual 2019 RAM 1500 I would appreciate it. I am looking to add Blind Spot to my 2019 RAM 1500 and have most of what I need but would like the diagram to finalize.

Attachments

• Adding Blind Spot on 2019 RAM 1500.pdf
    103.9 KB · Views: 9

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it possible to add and activate the factory Integrated Brake Controller with AlphaOBD?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Boom! That’s what I want....do you have a link to the cables and camera that you used? I like it!

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56
I bought the modified light pre-made from the RAX Jailbreaker folks 4 years ago.

I paid $80 (it's gone up ALOT) then but you can get cheaper options on Amazon now for the pre-made housing like this:

3rd Brake Light Replacement Backup Camera for 2013-2017 Dodge Ram Trucks https://amazon.com/dp/B01MQJWZ9V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NCTnEbT16QGTY

Or you could modify your own. I used these cameras in my mirrors and front camera positions. The black paint wears away to a silvery pewter like medal after a few years but it doesn't look bad and still works.

Front Car Camera |360 Degree... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRAYA2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited:

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the modified light pre-made from the RAX Jailbreaker folks 4 years ago.

I paid $80 (it's gone up ALOT) then but you can get cheaper options on Amazon now for the pre-made housing like this:

3rd Brake Light Replacement Backup Camera for 2013-2017 Dodge Ram Trucks https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MQJWZ9V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NCTnEbT16QGTY

Or you could modify your own. I used these cameras in my mirrors and front camera positions. The black paint wears away to a silvery pewter like medal after a few years but it doesn't look bad and still works.

Front Car Camera |360 Degree... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRAYA2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Will this cargo light work with the m2 harness ?
I’m looking at doing this soon . Thanks

Last edited:

Peacock0344

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/1997/2013
Engine
5.9/6.7
Does the error pop up on startup and display on the cluster or is it only stored in the messages in the cluster? Have you enabled VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge? Did your truck come with projectors from the factory?

It only comes up at startup and can be seen in messages. Yes sir I have High Intensity Discharge Lamps set in Vehconfig3. Truck had quads from the factory

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It only comes up at startup and can be seen in messages. Yes sir I have High Intensity Discharge Lamps set in Vehconfig3. Truck had quads from the factory

I’m still very new to Alfa but did you try clearing all the faults in Alfa ?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Try changing CBC Extern.Light Right/Left corner voltage to 13v