AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a '17 with power fold and tilt in reverse. I tried the "auto power fold" and it was the same result, setting unchecked itself. I'm certain this feature can't be added
That is correct, there are only two different left/right hand door modules. The ones that my 16' have currently installed from factory are the non-power fold. The ones you listed are the "upgraded" modules to enable the power fold feature the upgraded power fold mirrors offer.

Pakkratt stated he had the regular folding mirrors. Which of course mean non-power folding. They would not have the ability to have the feature anyway as the proper equipment is not present.

Steady Red stated he had a Laramie with power fold mirrors which is closer to the mirrors I am referring to. I should have asked if you were able to add the auto tilt in reverse feature and have it function.

What I was really speaking of are the differences in mirrors as well. My stock mirrors had only heat and power adjustment. The mirrors I upgraded to have automatic dimming, heated, temperature sensor, turn signal, puddle light, memory, power tilt and power folding. From what I have been told there are two variances of these types of mirrors. One being a base model power fold and the other being the premium power fold.

My mirrors (of course it could have been listed incorrectly as often found on eBay, no I didn't check, got lucky):
68231242AF
68231243AD

It would stand to reason that a truck with memory presets and the current ability to have the mirrors "tilt in reverse" would have the premium mirrors installed. If those trucks have tried to enable the "auto fold" and failed then it is more than likely not possible to enable that feature on our trucks. Unless there is some aftermarket module you can "hack" in to do so.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While my truck is at the dealership, I'm going to have the service advisor check to see if there are any BCM or other module updates available. Might be worth the $60 dollars to have them update all the modules while they have it in their possession.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a '17 with power fold and tilt in reverse. I tried the "auto power fold" and it was the same result, setting unchecked itself. I'm certain this feature can't be added
Thanks for the reply and checking/confirming. Such a shame...lol

Pakkratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to clarify on my 16 . I have the power folding mirrors, with the button on the door panel from the factory. I had hoped since I had this option already that I could activate the power folding on lock.

I have tried the tilt mirrors in reverse. Have the button on the 8.4 checked ( and it stays checked) and all setting in AlphaOBD set. Still no joy. I do not have the memory mirror option on my truck and suspect that module is necessary for it to work.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While my truck is at the dealership, I'm going to have the service advisor check to see if there are any BCM or other module updates available. Might be worth the $60 dollars to have them update all the modules while they have it in their possession.

Couldn't hurt. Wish my dealer was that cheap. I think they're trying to retire off of me every time I go in. Best deal I've gotten from them was the hour labor for enabling the remote start.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Feeling pretty confident then that we can lay this one to rest.

Reactions: kad

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couldn't hurt. Wish my dealer was that cheap. I think they're trying to retire off of me every time I go in. Best deal I've gotten from them was the hour labor for enabling the remote start.
My service advisor said it's a $60 flat fee whether they flash one or all the modules for updates. There's a reason we buy cars from that dealership and service them there even though they are almost an hour away.

They changed the air suspension compressor on my sister's GC Summit after she was 25k miles past warranty for $200 on what is an $1,800 dollar part plus a few hours of labor.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to clarify on my 16 . I have the power folding mirrors, with the button on the door panel from the factory. I had hoped since I had this option already that I could activate the power folding on lock.

I have tried the tilt mirrors in reverse. Have the button on the 8.4 checked ( and it stays checked) and all setting in AlphaOBD set. Still no joy. I do not have the memory mirror option on my truck and suspect that module is necessary for it to work.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You need to have the correct memory mirrors in order for the tilt in reverse to work. The standard power fold mirrors do not have the memory feature. A good way to tell if you have the correct mirrors is to Simply pop the door panel and if your white mirror plug only has 4 wires then your mirrors do not have the memory function so the auto tilt will not work. Another way to pretty much be sure the mirror has A memory feature is if it has the factory chrome cover on it because that was only offered on the Laramie and higher trim levels which had the memory options.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What I was really speaking of are the differences in mirrors as well. My stock mirrors had only heat and power adjustment. The mirrors I upgraded to have automatic dimming, heated, temperature sensor, turn signal, puddle light, memory, power tilt and power folding. From what I have been told there are two variances of these types of mirrors. One being a base model power fold and the other being the premium power fold.

That's definitely correct. I have the base model power folding tow mirrors, the difference being that they do not have Auto Dimming or Memory but have everything else.

-K

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was able to add global up and global down today. Global down seems to be the only thing that works (as expected, I guess) BUT on my quad cab only the front windows go down. Is that correct?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was able to add global up and global down today. Global down seems to be the only thing that works (as expected, I guess) BUT on my quad cab only the front windows go down. Is that correct?

That is correct. Only the front is enabled in the BCM for global down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is correct. Only the front is enabled in the BCM for global down.

OK cool, at least its working for them, and thats enough for me!

Not much else I can use it for aside from datalogging. Too cheap to buy parts to add on stuff :)

I did try datalogging with it today and it seems to disconnect a lot, not sure if its just my phone or what....but when I connect to it just to check out the customer config, it stays connected without issue. As an aside, I was able to use some of the engine checkout functions (kill an injector, bring the engine to a fixed RPM, etc). Oddly enough this stuff seems scary but is actually pretty common....my Infiniti has similar functions and the service manual even references using them for troubleshooting.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK cool, at least its working for them, and thats enough for me!

Not much else I can use it for aside from datalogging. Too cheap to buy parts to add on stuff :)

I did try datalogging with it today and it seems to disconnect a lot, not sure if its just my phone or what....but when I connect to it just to check out the customer config, it stays connected without issue. As an aside, I was able to use some of the engine checkout functions (kill an injector, bring the engine to a fixed RPM, etc). Oddly enough this stuff seems scary but is actually pretty common....my Infiniti has similar functions and the service manual even references using them for troubleshooting.

I’ve pretty much reached the end of what I can do for now too. Have something in the works soon and will post up if/when I succeed.

I haven’t messed with any of the other features yet. Between family and work it’s been a little difficult lately. I’ll get around to it eventually and cautiously...

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pm me if you need any help with the project. I'm always interested in uncovering hidden things on my vehicles!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Uploading System ID (BCM) Information: Thank you Mpgrimm2
To upload your System ID information (BCM) go to the "Tools" icon in the upper right corner. From there select "Upload to Google Drive", it will ask you to link to Google Drive. Link your Google Drive to Alfa. Select "Upload to Google Drive" and "Upload Faults and Status Log". Then select "Body_Chrysler_Info". Name the file to upload whatever you wish. Done! Now you can go to your Google Drive and read the system info a little easier.

For viewing the information directly on the app, go to the bottom and select the battery icon once a connection has been made. Then select Read System ID. It should start populating below. Form what I have seen the Alfa programming tool keeps a record by date of all changes in the BCM from time of first connection.

Strangely I don't seem to be getting the full report when I do this. I can view it on the device just fine, but when I upload it to Google Drive it cuts off in the middle of CBC Features Configuration. I've tried multiple times. Anyone else had this issue?

Edit: Managed to get it to work by opening as a google doc.

Last edited:

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I am pretty sure power fold with lock/unlock will never happen on 4th gens.

Lotsa threads about it and no aftermarket company has successfully done it.

It boils down to the modules dont communicate using each other, but getting signal received can't shoot another signal out.

You maybe able to hardwire your own relay on the power lock to also activate the power fold. But it won't be able do be programmed via the truck modules

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Strangely I don't seem to be getting the full report when I do this. I can view it on the device just fine, but when I upload it to Google Drive it cuts off in the middle of CBC Features Configuration. I've tried multiple times. Anyone else had this issue?

Edit: Managed to get it to work by opening as a google doc.
Glad you were able to get it worked out!

I am pretty sure power fold with lock/unlock will never happen on 4th gens.

Lotsa threads about it and no aftermarket company has successfully done it.

It boils down to the modules dont communicate using each other, but getting signal received can't shoot another signal out.

You maybe able to hardwire your own relay on the power lock to also activate the power fold. But it won't be able do be programmed via the truck modules
Not the first time the Alfa program has done something no one thought possible. Lol

But yes, I think this one is not going to happen. I have read somewhere on the "other forum" that there was a module to accomplish this, or they thought it would. To my knowledge no one has.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question - for anyone with the genuine ODBLink MX and a truck with heated seats:

have you tried connecting to the heated seat module?

If so, do you know what data points you can monitor? i.e. does it show the sensed temperature in the seat, how much current is flowing to the heating pads, etc?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
A DRL question, or two actually:

1> If you have the dealer activate the DRL function on a US truck, which lights are used? (low beam, marker, fog, etc)

2> For those who have turned them on yourself with the AE or AlphaODB tools, which lights did you use? (I know which ones can be used, just curious as to which ones people are using.)

-K