AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very few of the mirrors have the memory function and are able to do the Tilt in Reverse. Usually the Laramie mirrors would be equipped correctly. You can tell that they're off of a Laramie because they'll have the Chrome cover. If you want to make sure you have memory mirrors that are capable of the Tilt function I would recommend pulling the door panel check the white connector on the mirror and if it has more than 4 wires it is a memory mirror.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Is memory required for the auto tilt function?

I dont need memory but would love auto tilt if its possible.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is memory required for the auto tilt function?

I dont need memory but would love auto tilt if its possible.
No you do not need to have memory seats in order for the memory mirrors to function but you do need to have the correct memory mirrors. In order for auto tilt to function you if you have the correct mirrors you need to enable both mirror memories with the alpha OBD tool Plus activate the Tilt in Reverse function in the CSM menu.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
without ripping the door apart, does anyone know if the sport models have the "premium" mirrors?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
without ripping the door apart, does anyone know if the sport models have the "premium" mirrors?
Most Sports do not have memory so I would bet that you do not have memory mirrors. As far as ripping the door part goes it's actually quite simple to remove the door panel takes about 10 minutes.

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Most Sports do not have memory so I would bet that you do not have memory mirrors. As far as ripping the door part goes it's actually quite simple to remove the door panel takes about 10 minutes.

I can confirm this. I upgraded to Tow Mirrors and taking the door panel off was quite each. Its like 2 screws and what feel like a million little plastic clips (about 20 actually)

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After you pull the panel once, it takes like 3 minutes to take it off going forward. I will say that these little things makes pulling those goofy plastic pins off much easier. My buddy that owns a body shop has an expensive set I used and bought myself a cheap alternative.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112751924599

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anybody know id its possible to make and "Pedal Commander" style changes to the throttle response using the AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know id its possible to make and "Pedal Commander" style changes to the throttle response using the AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX?
There's nothing quite like that on here. However, I could of swore I felt a better throttle response (probably my imagination) from some settings I messed with but it also had some issues.

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1789389/

retep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecoDiesel

Hmmm .. Need to investigate this. Have the chrome mirrors on my Big Horn. That is an option I wish I had. I always back in to a parking spot and that would be so convenient.

Damm I love this forum. It is better than reading a newspaper!!!

Cheers Peter

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm .. Need to investigate this. Have the chrome mirrors on my Big Horn. That is an option I wish I had. I always back in to a parking spot and that would be so convenient.

Damm I love this forum. It is better than reading a newspaper!!!

Cheers Peter

What is a "newspaper"?

:)

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Hello All,

Have a 2014 Tradesman 2500 that I upgraded to push button start from Auto Tech Electronics. Learned a hard lesson the other day..... that if you leave the FOB in the truck and lock the doors using the switch on the door, you get no warning and the truck will go ahead and lock the doors. Then when you walk away and go to grab your keys out of your pocket and they're not there...well....sh#$&!!!.

Coworker has a loaded 1500 and his truck will not let you lock the doors using the door lock switch, if the FOB is detected in the truck. The doors will unlock and give a warning. My car does this too.

Thinking of buying the scan tool/AlfaOBD combo but was wondering if any of you that have this setup, know if the "don't let the doors lock and give us a warning of the FOB is inside" feature is available?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan....I did the exact same mod as you. I have a '17 2500 and added the KEYLESS GO kit (pushbutton start) from AutoTech. ANd yes we can inadvertently lock the keys inside since our BCM's were not programmed from the factory with this option. AutoTech's kit includes a new modified RFH hub with the WIN module. The 2 together allow the pushbutton start but do nothing as far as telling the BCM. But there maybe hope. I have not tried this yet since I am doing other mods right now, but I too have the OBDLink and Alpha program. I checked the settings menu and you will find a setting "Keyless Go Present" (the settings just before it are: Sport Mode Present / Auto Park Present / Passive Entry Present / then Keyless Go Present). When I get a chance I was going to set this as being present. It MAY fix the problem. If you try it before me let me know...........

ADDED ON EDIT: After thinking about this after posting the above I also believe the setting "PASSIVE ENTRY PRESENT" may also be need to be set to present. This setting may also tell the BCM that the Fob is inside the truck so it does not lock since this setting also tells the truck to unlock when the Fob is near.

Last edited:

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For enabling DRL's with the oem Quad headlights, is there a consensus as to which is the better option hi/lo/fog/prking/etc? Any issues with bulb life running any of them as DRL?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For enabling DRL's with the oem Quad headlights, is there a consensus as to which is the better option hi/lo/fog/prking/etc? Any issues with bulb life running any of them as DRL?
Seems to be personal preference. As far as bulb life, it will of course shorten the life of the bulb using as a DRL as it will be on all the time. How much so, I have no idea.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@mjf6175 & @Danohall
My 18 Ram 1500 Laramie has the keyless entry/ push start from the factory. My AlfaOBD BCM config is listed/linked in the op or the first 10 posts for comparison.

M² Mods.

Danohall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
@Mpgrimm2 and @mjf6175
Thanks very much for this info. I need to actually get the scantool and app. Saved the BCM configuration link and will peruse it later.

Mpgrimm2...purchased the bypass harness from your compatriot a few weeks ago and finally have someone with a 2018 that wants his TPMS settings lowered, this weekend. Your equipment is top notch.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
@mjf6175 & @Danohall
My 18 Ram 1500 Laramie has the keyless entry/ push start from the factory. My AlfaOBD BCM config is listed/linked in the op or the first 10 posts for comparison.

M² Mods.

Just checked and yes both "Passive Entry Present" and "Keyless Go Present" are marked as SET. Thanks!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely post your findings back here on if it works or not for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it maybe use the Tip Start Present setting?

I think Tip Start is for those of us with non-prox keyfobs, should that be set to No now that you have the prox setup?

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OK, this is probably in the stupid question dept... but here goes. I bought the app tonight, was able to connect with my tablet and MX. I was able to upload my BCM info to google drive and look it over - pretty cool.

But, I'm not sure how to actually make a change to a setting - ie the "Select yes" part. I looked back at the beginning of the thread, the linked google doc, also looked at the AlfaODB Help, but I am not finding it for some reason.