AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No. I bought my remote start kit off of eBay and I was for my truck. I didn’t know you needed a pin # to program the keys. So know I have no truck.
You could try and put your old key module back in and just use you original keys until you can get your pin #'s from the parts department at your dealer!! It will be a 4 digit #.

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. Once I get the 4 digit Pin is there a step by step instructions on how to program the remote n remote starter? Thanks again.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. Once I get the 4 digit Pin is there a step by step instructions on how to program the remote n remote starter? Thanks again.
You will need to use the app to connect to the RFH hub and then go into program fob and follow the prompts. The steps for all the functions that have been confirmed working with directions should be at the beginning of this thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok Thanks Rick and SRich I appreciate your help!! I hope I can get a code tomorrow. I have a friend of a friend that is a dodge tech with a POD. Hope he can get me the code if not I am SOL till Monday.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok Thanks Rick and SRich I appreciate your help!! I hope I can get a code tomorrow. I have a friend of a friend that is a dodge tech with a POD. Hope he can get me the code if not I am SOL till Monday.

He will need to access dealer connect to get you the code. So if he has access to it from home he can get it from you but most if not all dealers you have to go to the parts department to get your 4 digit pin

I personally have done the key fob programming myself and it’s really easy. Look below at my post after I programmed my Key Tip fobs

I have AWESOME NEWS.

So I tried and tried and tried to program New keys for my 2018 on windows Alfa. And I kept receiving a security Error. Well 2 nights ago I decided that I would order a replacement screen(was broken) for one of my old android tablets I have.

Yesterday I received my screen replaced it and installed Alfa on my tablet. Got everything working so this morning when I got to work I had some down time to try and program a few of the keys I purchased. It worked without a problem.

Connect to the RF Hub on ANDROID(FOBIK programming baseline system will not work with Windows version at least in my case) I’m going to contact Alexey and let him know what’s going on.

Go to FOBIK Programming Baseline system.
Put Ignition in lock position
Put un programmed key in ignition staying in lock position.
Enter your pin and click start
You will get a programming complete message

If you try to reprogram a key it will tell you. FOBIK already programed

I did this to a cheap Amazon Key and a OEM Ram FOBIK. Both are programed and working without a problem.

A little walk through of how to program FOBIKs

First turn you truck on to accessory.(I always do this to connect to the RF Hub)

8501a8b395486c891ec6e27e9b7a3d4c.jpg
Select Radio frequency hub(RFH)
In the drop down select Radio frequency hub(this is the only option to select here)

4a8acdd46633cba188c30174d2833174.jpg
Connect to the RF Hub

c828d9a7098b1a9055ce897044ecaebd.jpg
Once you’re connected. Locate the Car with the hood up on the bottom right hand corner. Click on it

d0a0d9fdd9d0a89bedf2cb936fecde20.jpg
Click on the drop down menu. Almost all the way at the bottom select - Program Ignition FOBIKs Baseline system

At this point turn your key to the Lock Position(turn the truck off) and remove the key from the ignition

e3e1a2d14a130da3c37faf5091b25583.jpg
Place the FOBIK(Key) you’re wanting to program in the ignition and leave it in the off position

Enter you 4 digit pin provided by your local dealership

f3d01aaf189dffe683eeb8962ed997b5.jpg
Click Start. Your screen should look something like this!

703ce1d29156d82870ab986a4fba7fdb.jpg
Once the process is complete you will see Procesure complete in blue. Please note the above dialogue box will say “FOBIK successfully paired” I think lol

If a key is already Paired to your truck. You will get the Failure error. “Failure FOBIK already learned”

Now start you truck up to make sure it was successfully paired!

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!, MTC to ATC Mod, OEM Remote Start

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I'm think that is a standard option in the QC/CC bodies only and not stereo specific.

You and I both have the alpine stereo so that can't be it?

However my 2015 CC had this feature from the day I purchased the truck. I didn't have to enable it with alfaobd

I'm sure someone will have the exact answer.

The Alpine system in my Ram is 8 channel since it is a regular cab. Quad or Club cabs have 12 channel. Although it is only 8 channel I do have the amps, subs and an equalizer. My Audio controls had all of the settings and adjustments except for Surround Sound. So I would think that a regular cab does not have enough "channels" for the surround sound setting to function. With a smaller cab I guess understandable.

So now I am looking for help or input on how to get the "Cargo Camera Guidelines" to work. As I mentioned in my previous post I had enabled "CHMSL Line Customer Settings Menu" which got me the "Cargo Camera Guidelines" option to show up in the "Safety and Assistance" listing. If I check the Cargo Camera Guidelines it will uncheck after a couple of seconds. So there has to be at least a second setting I am missing......

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He will need to access dealer connect to get you the code. So if he has access to it from home he can get it from you but most if not all dealers you have to go to the parts department to get your 4 digit pin

I personally have done the key fob programming myself and it’s really easy. Look below at my post after I programmed my Key Tip fobs
Thanks Lawsuit11. I actually copied you post last night while searching the forum lol. I am hoping i get this code today so I can put my truck back together and drive it home. Thanks again and I will keep you all posted.

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Lawsuit11. I actually copied you post last night while searching the forum lol. I am hoping i get this code today so I can put my truck back together and drive it home. Thanks again and I will keep you all posted.

Damn I cannot get the code today. It has to come from the parts department. Dealers should have the parts department open 7 days a week lol. So I will put the old module back in and pray it still works as it should. Tomorrow I will update the group.
***Whoever does this factory remote start please make sure you get a security code for the key fob from your dealer. Lesson learned. Never crossed my mind.***
Thanks Ron

TiBoneFramer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anyone in Ontario Canada around the GTA have the tools to do this on an 18? PM me or reply as I’ll gladly pay you to help me out!

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Damn I cannot get the code today. It has to come from the parts department. Dealers should have the parts department open 7 days a week lol. So I will put the old module back in and pray it still works as it should. Tomorrow I will update the group.
***Whoever does this factory remote start please make sure you get a security code for the key fob from your dealer. Lesson learned. Never crossed my mind.***
Thanks Ron

Rack....quick question....did your remote start come with a NEW RFH hub? ( if you did NOT change the RFH hub you can stop here and disregard the rest of my post, but if you DID then read on....) And you took out your stock/original RFH hub and then replaced it with the new one? If so I think you need the PIN number for the NEW RFH hub. The new hub you install will be the RFH hub controlling your remote start. Unless the seller of your kit programmed your new hub to have the same PIN as your stock one, you will have to find out the PIN of his hub from the vendor.

While not exactly the same situation as you, I changed my Ram from key ignition to push start. The kit came with a new RFH hub. I went through the same problems as you and finally realized that the PIN of my original hub was not the same as the new hub. Your FOBIK's are married to the hub.

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It came with a new Key FOB I guess that what you meant by new hub. It’s was a complete kit from Mopar off of eBay. I will ask the question to ram tomorrow. How did u fix it.

Rack....quick question....did your remote start come with a NEW RFH hub? ( if you did NOT change the RFH hub you can stop here and disregard the rest of my post, but if you DID then read on....) And you took out your stock/original RFH hub and then replaced it with the new one? If so I think you need the PIN number for the NEW RFH hub. The new hub you install will be the RFH hub controlling your remote start. Unless the seller of your kit programmed your new hub to have the same PIN as your stock one, you will have to find out the PIN of his hub from the vendor.

While not exactly the same situation as you, I changed my Ram from key ignition to push start. The kit came with a new RFH hub. I went through the same problems as you and finally realized that the PIN of my original hub was not the same as the new hub. Your FOBIK's are married to the hub.

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My kit came with a disc so I am going to load that now. I just goto my computer hopefully it has a code. I know on the label it has a code starts with K then 7 numbers but I thought this was a 5 digit code. Do you guys think that’s the code to the new fob? Thanks

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It came with a new Key FOB I guess that what you meant by new hub. It’s was a complete kit from Mopar off of eBay. I will ask the question to ram tomorrow. How did u fix it.
Did you have to go behind your rear seat and unplug a hub and put a new one in it’s place?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

The RFH hub is located on the back wall of the cab. I pasted below pics of the hub in my Ram. It s on the left. I also pasted below a pic of an RFH hub by itself............

414772[/ATTACH]']RZD3Fxpl.jpg

414774[/ATTACH]']YaPTSFAl.png

Attachments

• RZD3Fxpl.jpg
    RZD3Fxpl.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
  • YaPTSFAl.png
    YaPTSFAl.png
    503 bytes · Views: 0

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
My kit came with a disc so I am going to load that now. I just goto my computer hopefully it has a code. I know on the label it has a code starts with K then 7 numbers but I thought this was a 5 digit code. Do you guys think that’s the code to the new fob? Thanks

The PIN code for the RFH hub is four digits.....ALL NUMBERS, NO LETTERS

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The RFH hub is located on the back wall of the cab. I pasted below pics of the hub in my Ram. It s on the left. I also pasted below a pic of an RFH hub by itself............

414776[/ATTACH]']RZD3Fxpl.jpg

414778[/ATTACH]']YaPTSFAl.png

Yes I put a new one of those in and plugged it in. So that code is not going to be the same. So how can I get a new code to program the FOBs. Thanks

Attachments

• RZD3Fxpl.jpg
    RZD3Fxpl.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
  • YaPTSFAl.png
    YaPTSFAl.png
    503 bytes · Views: 0
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@rackemron4 If you are going the entire route of programming your new remote start, please read the install directions thoroughly for your '16. There have been a couple who have installed into '17s but that is a bit different.

rackemron4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I
@rackemron4 If you are going the entire route of programming your new remote start, please read the install directions thoroughly for your '16. There have been a couple who have installed into '17s but that is a bit different.

It’s already installed lol. The key fobs need to be programmed now. That’s is where my issue is. It’s asking for a 4 digit code. I don’t have that and if I get my original Code from the dealer I am being told that will not work because it’s a new module. So any suggestions. Thanks