AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
notepad+ is a window app; that much I know. I don't know if you can get it for android.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
well, I have an ELM 327 mini. I was able to update the truck for DRL and the menu option. Now I'm trying to fix my tail light issue with the right setting for LED tails, even though that's the factory option for my sport. I put Spyder LED tails on, and they throw a "bulb out" code

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Using Android, when I “read system ID”, everything shows up in a nice itemized list. When I upload it to google drive, it ends up showing as one humongous run-on sentence paragraph. Is there any way to have it upload in the same list form as viewed in read system ID?

Mine did the same thing on my tablet, but when I opened it on my PC it was a normal list. Try logging into google on a PC and read it from there

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
well, I have an ELM 327 mini. I was able to update the truck for DRL and the menu option. Now I'm trying to fix my tail light issue with the right setting for LED tails, even though that's the factory option for my sport. I put Spyder LED tails on, and they throw a "bulb out" code

The Spyder tails may have built in resistors that are causing the truck to think that they are drawing too much current given the factory LED setting. You might try turning the LED setting for the tails off and see if that corrects the issue.

-K

Reactions: JB1

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I just set LED off. How long does it take to update the BCM?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just set LED off. How long does it take to update the BCM?
Time varies between settings/year of truck. I would give it at least a couple days with a few ignition cycles to be sure.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey, just saw this in google play store:
Chrysler Pin Puller Android App Automotive Tool

I viewed the video but its not very informative. Comments below the video show the confusion over just exactly how this works. Maybe someone here more versed than me (an old guy) in electronics will understand.

It’s showing that it’s only good for RAM up to 2012 (probably since they don’t use rf hubs). And, judging by the way the developer responds to user reviews, I can tell that technical support is probably non existent.

http://carkeyst.com/
Apparently 2 days after this post, they updated the app to include 2013-19 rams. Someone on cumminsforum successfully used it on a 2016. It cost $15 worth of tokens in the app.

cubmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far it works as best I can tell. I am still new to this Alfaobd thing so I don't know it is going to work totally yet. I have tried to get the DRL's working but so far I haven't been able to. I can't find the right places in the software to make changes yet.

Take a look at the OP in the how to sections. It should be able to get you started. Take notes and be sure to save you original BCM configuration before making changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I had that one before I bought AlfaOBD and had a few issues so I bought the recommenced MX model.

Just a PSA - the issue with using a reader not on the approved list - it may work for some items but not for others - only the specified readers work 100%. So by using a non-standard/non-approved reader, you can wind up chasing your tail tracking down issues that aren't working which might be due to the reader itself.

Best bet is just to buy the correct reader. It's a bargain really compared to paying the dealer for ONE change, so it literally pays for itself right away.

Plus when you post for help you wont have 5 guys asking did you try using an MX :).

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I went to the dealership today and had 3 recalls taken care of, good news is nothing was effected by the flash. The DRL with customer screen, fog light dropout, global down etc.....they all still function the same.

They did the following:
  • U53 Occupant restraint PCM update
  • U61 Cruise control PCM update
  • U74 Tailgate latch

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I see there's a few Canadians in here. Is everyone just ordering the OBD MX off amazon's US site? I haven't been able to find it cheaper around here.

myself

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I am interested in installing the OEM remote start in a 2018 with tilt key. Is it possible to change the run time via AlfaOBD or other method. I am interested in it running for 5 minutes instead of 15 so it can do a proper cool down of the turbo after towing without thinking about it again. Thank you!

FDNF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I see there's a few Canadians in here. Is everyone just ordering the OBD MX off amazon's US site? I haven't been able to find it cheaper around here.

I ordered mine from Scantool, and after I ordered while on Amazon I found I paid twice as much for shipping from Scantool.

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Located in Ontario, I ordered from scantool, but found by the time I paid for FedEx shipping (and more specifically, FedEx customs clearance) it would have been cheaper to order from Amazon.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Apparently 2 days after this post, they updated the app to include 2013-19 rams. Someone on cumminsforum successfully used it on a 2016. It cost $15 worth of tokens in the app.
Be interested to find out if this really works.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Be interested to find out if this really works.

I did it just for the hell of it, as I already had my PIN. It works. Pulled the same PIN I had. You need an internet connection while you’re using it.

rmoyer72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are under the CBC Features section. Below are the settings from my truck, which has factory projectors and LED tails. I modified the Reverse Lamp and License Lamp settings as I added LEDs in those locations.

CBC Features Configuration:
LED Reverse Lamps Present: Set
LED Stop Lamps Present: Set
LED Rear Turn Lamps Present: Set
LED Tail Lamps Present: Set
LED Rear Fog Lamps Present: Not set
LED License Lamps Present: Set
LED Front Turn Lamps Present: Set
LED Front Fog Lamps Present: Not set
LED Dedicated DRL Present: Not set
LED Low Beam Lamps Present: Not set
LED High Beam Lamps Present: Not set
LED Front Park/Marker Lamps Present: Set

-K

I have added all of these, but I am getting a rear parking light out when I hit my brakes and/or turn the turn signal on. Anyway to correct that?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to add that I did run across this in the options. Maybe I could enable the blinking led light manually. That is if it's even on the regular speedometer of course.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
e744d351bd472311190e82b02db9cc5a.jpg

Did anyone ever try this fearure?.... if you did where did it locate it?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I have added all of these, but I am getting a rear parking light out when I hit my brakes and/or turn the turn signal on. Anyway to correct that?

Try
Rear Lighting DTC Disable: Set