AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Power folding? Apparently I just discovered that I AM IN THE MARKET!

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Dang it! Thought I was gonna hook us both up...

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Read somewhere in this thread that someone used the HVAC actuator calibration test and it fixed their floor vents.

Well it just fixed mine too.

This app has already paid for itself. I love it

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel

Yeah it's there because other Chrysler vehicles like the Jeep Grand Cherokee can make use of auto fold. Many have tried enabling multiple options for auto fold in our Ram's and it just doesn't work.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks! Need to check these out! I'd like to have the tow mirror but must have the power fold. Parking is tight at work and manually folding twice a day is a PITA!

What you want is the power folding tow mirrors off of a HD truck (2500+). Technically RAM doesn't offer them on the 1500's, but as all the mirrors are the same they work just fine.

2500 or Aftermarket Mirrors (I used Trail Ridge brand from 1AAuto, can't tell the difference from OEM but 1/3 the price)
Driver & Passenger Door tow mirror support brackets (if you already have tow mirrors you should have these already)
Driver & Passenger Door Modules
Driver Door Switch Panel
AlphaOBD

PM me if you want part numbers, etc. You'll need to verify the right switch panel with Benny from AllMoparParts, they vary depending on the year and cab style.

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Read somewhere in this thread that someone used the HVAC actuator calibration test and it fixed their floor vents.
Well it just fixed mine too.
This app has already paid for itself. I love it

What was wrong with the floor vents that it fixed? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

-K

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
What was wrong with the floor vents that it fixed? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

-K
No idea, just wouldn't open the floor vent. never tried to tackle the issue. I'm guessing flap position was reading wrong or whatever it uses to detect it's current position.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Address input while driving has anyone figured this out yet FYI love the Alfaobd

Nope, not without additional hardware to fool the unit into thinking that it's not moving. But I seem to recall that that method now causes problems with the actual navigation on the newer software versions. The option to allow it that can be seen in the BCM does nothing on our trucks. But, you can have a far superior GPS system, including the ability for your passenger to enter addresses while moving by the simple expedient of buying a standalone Garmin GPS. :)

-K

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Address input while driving has anyone figured this out yet FYI love the Alfaobd
As stated it doesn't seem to make a difference but my voice entry works great on my RA4. I rarely have to repeat myself when I voice navigate. I use my factory Nav all the time and it works well for me. I always keep my maps updated and I have Travelink and Traffic subscriptions current.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

chum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I have used voice control for address input while driving. So far it has worked very well. It is actually much faster than trying to type it in.
Yup, I was surprised with voice control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What you want is the power folding tow mirrors off of a HD truck (2500+). Technically RAM doesn't offer them on the 1500's, but as all the mirrors are the same they work just fine.

2500 or Aftermarket Mirrors (I used Trail Ridge brand from 1AAuto, can't tell the difference from OEM but 1/3 the price)
Driver & Passenger Door tow mirror support brackets (if you already have tow mirrors you should have these already)
Driver & Passenger Door Modules
Driver Door Switch Panel
AlphaOBD

PM me if you want part numbers, etc. You'll need to verify the right switch panel with Benny from AllMoparParts, they vary depending on the year and cab style.

-K
I have a set of support brackets if anyone needs them!! NIB--SOLD

Last edited:

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have a set of support brackets if anyone needs them!! NIB

Been running without them for a while now but if you've got them just laying around... Send me a PM.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey I could use these. If Arth doesn't take them I will.

Ok, I sent him a pm. I will give him a little while to reply. If he doesn’t want them then I will pm you!!--SOLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: