AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Weird. It lets me change the liters, empty, LFW but not the full. Keeps reverting back to 91%. Does truck need to sleep for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Weird. It lets me change the liters, empty, LFW but not the full. Keeps reverting back to 91%. Does truck need to sleep for a while?

I saw the same issue last year when I tried to adjust mine. I gave up on it as an unresolved bug in Alpha.

-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I saw the same issue last year when I tried to adjust mine. I gave up on it as an unresolved bug in Alpha.

-K

Did you only trouble with the full value or the others as well? I’m wondering if there is a range parameter somewhere in the bcm.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you only trouble with the full value or the others as well? I’m wondering if there is a range parameter somewhere in the bcm.

My truck came with the (what appears to be) standard 91/2/8 settings for the 26gal tank (which it has). I'm fine with the 2% empty and 8% LFW, so I believe I just tried to run the full up to the max 98%. It reset to 91% each time the truck was turned off and allowed to go to sleep. The thought about a range hadn't occurred to me. I might have to try and see if I move the empty setting up 1% if it will allow moving the full up 1% as well.

-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
My truck came with the (what appears to be) standard 91/2/8 settings for the 26gal tank (which it has). I'm fine with the 2% empty and 8% LFW, so I believe I just tried to run the full up to the max 98%. It reset to 91% each time the truck was turned off and allowed to go to sleep. The thought about a range hadn't occurred to me. I might have to try and see if I move the empty setting up 1% if it will allow moving the full up 1% as well.

-K

I’ll mess with it a little more tonight too. My build sheet and window sticker both say I have the optional 32 gallon tank and I only knew about a recalibration opportunity from the U07 recall for the 8 speed rotary switch auto park feature. I heard it included a fuel recalibration for the 32 gallon trucks. Dealer said they couldn’t do it with out the auto park, which I didn’t want, so I told them to skip it. I just want to know how much fuel I have left and an accurate miles remaining range. I didn’t try anything lower than 98% either. Maybe that will work too.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Any one know that the Cluster-Fuel tank 2 calibration is for? I’m assuming it’s for a duel tank set up? Also what is E stop datum for fuel volt? Both the cluster fuel tank 1 and 2 have that parameter in the drop down. It has selection from 0 to 63.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8

-K
No dice on the a range parameter, at least for my truck. Let me know if you have any luck. I may reach out to AlfaOBD directly to see if they are aware of any issues and what else can be tried.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No dice on the a range parameter, at least for my truck. Let me know if you have any luck. I may reach out to AlfaOBD directly to see if they are aware of any issues and what else can be tried.
have you tried LOWERING the full level I would assume if ALPHA has an error lowering it wont take ether BUT if it is a LIMIT in the truck you should be able to select 85% and put it BACK up to say 95%
if ALPHA allows you to BUT reverts to 91% I would assume the truck is limited to 91%
I could guess the 91% limit is to "cover up" differences in sender readings and that a truck that can never be filled would be a "headache" for the dealer warranty people

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone having trouble with alpaobd today. Went out this morning to do global down and the app won't open.

bleyvajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does anyone know how to set taillights park lamps to led on a 2012 ram?

Fremen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will have to test again tonight.
I installed LED license plate lights.
So far the truck is giving me the bulb out error.
This is after I have change it in car config.

Do I need to change it in more then one place?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone having trouble with alpaobd today. Went out this morning to do global down and the app won't open.
Mine is working fine. Try disconnecting the dongle and force closing out of the app. Then reconnect everything.

does anyone know how to set taillights park lamps to led on a 2012 ram?
LED settings are in body computer/car configuration change/CBC Features

CBC Features Configuration:
LED Reverse Lamps Present: Not set
LED Stop Lamps Present: Not set
LED Rear Turn Lamps Present: Not set
LED Tail Lamps Present: Not set
LED Rear Fog Lamps Present: Not set
LED License Lamps Present: Set
LED Front Turn Lamps Present: Not set
LED Front Fog Lamps Present: Not set
LED Dedicated DRL Present: Not set
LED Low Beam Lamps Present: Not set
LED High Beam Lamps Present: Not set
LED Front Park/Marker Lamps Present: Not set

Will have to test again tonight.
I installed LED license plate lights.
So far the truck is giving me the bulb out error.
This is after I have change it in car config.

Do I need to change it in more then one place?

This is all I set but I also used canbus compatible bulbs.

CBC Features Configuration:
LED License Lamps Present: Set

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is working fine. Try disconnecting the dongle and force closing out of the app. Then reconnect everything.

Tried that several times and restarted the phone. Only thing I haven't tried is unistalling the app and reinstalling

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@malsup83 If using Android, that is simple enough as it is linked to your email address used for the Play store account. Windows, you would have to wait until he sends you the new license.

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@malsup83 If using Android, that is simple enough as it is linked to your email address used for the Play store account. Windows, you would have to wait until he sends you the new license.

That worked. I've done it with other apps. For some reason I get in the back of my head that it will snot work at some point and have to pay for it again.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Has anyone successfully adjusted the maximum vehicle speed?

Erikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thread got so big I’m hopelessly behind. ...

Anyone figured out how to activate high idle function for the 6.4 Hemi 2500?

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Bringing this over from a different section...

I recently downloaded and installed the program for my 2012. I’m using obdlink mx+, when I log on it reads my truck just fine. When I boot up the alfaobd I selected the proper vehicle (pictured) and it’ll connect but when I go into regular mode it displays Chrysler 200/Sebring/Dodge Avenger. When I select ram 1500-4500 it disconnects and goes to idle. So when I try to change anything it brings up the message it was completed but doesn’t know the status due to no confirmation received. I have tried changing other features too but always displays same message. Does anybody have a a clue what I’m doing wrong or something I may have missed??! Thanks

12cf049ba894fe86e0b70c3b7cb4422e.jpg
33e3ec339736deb831ef2b29e533247d.jpg
6493dfa4efe59450684f560ca89c0650.jpg

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@hemipwrd Definitely odd. Downloading the newest version now. I won't be able to connect to my truck until tomorrow late morning. If it works for me, then maybe someone with a 2012 can try on the latest update to rule out Alfa being the culprit.