AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also the soft keys on the radio power on for around 5 seconds then turn off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the soft keys power up and then turn off it usually indicates one of the codes is not set. Did you confirm that you enabled them all in the known working codes list at the beginning of the thread?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jeffnc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram
Engine
If the soft keys power up and then turn off it usually indicates one of the codes is not set. Did you confirm that you enabled them all in the known working codes list at the beginning of the thread?

Yes sir. I will double check this evening

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir. I will double check this evening

That's the first thing I would check. Just to clarify since your truck came with the heated seats and wheel do those still function normally and just the vented seats don't work it does the whole system no longer function?

julio619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys new here I got a 2018 ram 2500 with projector and drls from factory but I customized my headlights with switchbacks n halos. Now I have a message saying I have left turn signal out n a annoying hyper-flash on my mirror turn signal. Front and back work normal it’s just my mirror light that has hyper-flash. Any idea how I can fix that?? Thank you

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys new here I got a 2018 ram 2500 with projector and drls from factory but I customized my headlights with switchbacks n halos. Now I have a message saying I have left turn signal out n a annoying hyper-flash on my mirror turn signal. Front and back work normal it’s just my mirror light that has hyper-flash. Any idea how I can fix that?? Thank you
Resistors

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you have AlfaOBD you could try to set them to LED

Karn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Connect with AlfaOBD to body computer module, and set front door ajar switch signal usage and front passenger door ajar switch usage to none.

Errors and hyperflash mirrors will fix.

Отправлено с моего SM-G975F через Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Connect with AlfaOBD to body computer module, and set front door ajar switch signal usage and front passenger door ajar switch usage to none.

Errors and hyperflash mirrors will fix.

Just a note of warning, there are several similar looking items with "door ajar" in them. I believe the two you want are the ones below.

CBC I/O Usage Configuration:
Front Driver Door Ajar Switch Signal Usage: LEFT FRONT LAMP DIAGNOSTICS Jeep/Truck
Connector F Pin 28: Front Passanger Door Ajar Switch Usage: Right Front Lamp Diagnostics - Jeep/Truck

-K

Karn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a note of warning, there are several similar looking items with "door ajar" in them. I believe the two you want are the ones below.

Front Driver Door Ajar Switch Signal Usage: LEFT FRONT LAMP DIAGNOSTICS Jeep/Truck
Connector F Pin 28: Front Passanger Door Ajar Switch Usage: Right Front Lamp Diagnostics - Jeep/Truck

-K
Yes! :)

Отправлено с моего SM-G975F через Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Since your truck came factory with led turn/park lamps it's possible it may just take your truck a couple of key cycles and using the turns to adjust to the new led's. I had the same problem today. Built a set of headlights but already had turn/park settings changed to led's because I had switchbacks in my quad headlights. But during the final testing it would do the same thing. A couple key cycles and maybe by coincidence I turned on the 4 ways and immediately the hyper flash on the dash and mirrors stopped. As far as changing the door adjar settings off it's possible that your settings are already off. Mine were, could be due to changing turn/park lamps to led automatically changes that feature.

2018 2500 6.4L

julio619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

-K
So I did the first one to left front lamp now wait for 5 minutes right

julio619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Since your truck came factory with led turn/park lamps it's possible it may just take your truck a couple of key cycles and using the turns to adjust to the new led's. I had the same problem today. Built a set of headlights but already had turn/park settings changed to led's because I had switchbacks in my quad headlights. But during the final testing it would do the same thing. A couple key cycles and maybe by coincidence I turned on the 4 ways and immediately the hyper flash on the dash and mirrors stopped. As far as changing the door adjar settings off it's possible that your settings are already off. Mine were, could be due to changing turn/park lamps to led automatically changes that feature.

This is my setting right now??

A22F27DA-0DB5-4228-8D7B-1BE9AF50E5AF.jpeg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You want to disable them, not set them to the front lamps. If your truck is equipped from the factory with projectors, those two settings should already have been set to front lamp diagnostics. Those are the circuits for the front lighting fault sense wires that monitor the factory projector turn signals and parking lights. You can disable both settings in one session. If the problem persists, clear the fault codes out of the BCM, and like 1500ram12 suggested, run the blinkers and the four ways for a while.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I havn't used those particular settings myself, I have factory projectors and the only thing on them I've changed is putting LEDs in the low beams. All I did there was change the Low Beam setting to LED. That said, most settings take about 5 minutes to kick in, but some can take up to 24 hours. I notice you have a 2018, I've heard 2018s can take longer to have things take effect, although that may be anecdotal.

-K

julio619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

-K

Do I need to set them to none? These is my setting right now

2E984FA6-4A05-4C88-8584-DFD0F71FD01D.jpeg

julio619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

-K
So this should do it right got front driver door n passenger door disable but I c that there’s two more that uses the front right n left lamp should I di

-K
I think I got the two but I c there’s two more should I disable them o no?

E977679F-1E52-4F1C-8F0F-5751C52B21BA.jpeg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So this should do it right got front driver door n passenger door disable but I c that there’s two more that uses the front right n left lamp should I di

I think I got the two but I c there’s two more should I disable them o no?

View attachment 168170
The front doors need to say “disabled”.
The rear doors, or rear sliders, need to say “left/right rear lamp diagnostics”.
So, ignoring the system status, in active diagnostics, this is what you will set:
CBC I/O Usage- driver door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- front passenger door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage > left rear lamp diagnostics
CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage > right rear lamp diagnostics

julio619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The front doors need to say “disabled”.
The rear doors, or rear sliders, need to say “left/right rear lamp diagnostics”.
So, ignoring the system status, in active diagnostics, this is what you will set:
CBC I/O Usage- driver door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- front passenger door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage > left rear lamp diagnostics
CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage > right rear lamp diagnostics
Ok I got the two front ones disable now. I will update u guys to c what happens thanx a lot guys hope it works